Back from the bestest camping trip EVAH!!!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/8/11 4:11 am - Baltimore, MD
Every year my girls Girl Scout troop goes on a camping trip and this year it was this past weekend.

To sum up my feelings on this trip with regards to my WLS process, I have the following to say: camping is a LOT easier 3 years post op than it was earlier out.

Camp food, in and of itself, isn't bad. I ate a LOT. But according to my GoWear I bured a lot (3,310 calories yesterday alone) so I guess it all evened out.

Some of the camp eats:

-something called "hobo dinner" (chicken, veggies, butter and seasonings cooked in tin foil)
-bagels, yogurt, etc.
-trail mix
-tuna/salad
-taco salad
-roasted marshmallows (shock o the century! Ye pouch will let me eat marshmallow on top of protein!)
-And probably too many glasses of wine yesterday evening

I think, though, the best thing about the trip was that I wasn't stressing over food anymore. For the purposes of a two day trip, I am not a "special case" and no longer have any "special dietary needs." I'm sort of just like everyone else. From the outside looking in, for someone who never knew I had surgery, I would have looked no different than the other moms. THAT was very comforting.

And of course we moved our bodies. We went to Harper's Ferry and walked the Applachian Trail and through the town (which, if you've ever been there, you know is predominantly a walk up a VERY steep hill). We played basketball and sang songs. We caught a little frog and named it (before I made them set it free) and just had a good time unplugged and with each other.

So that's how I spent MY weekend. What'd you guys do?

And Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

birthdaygirl
on 5/8/11 5:20 am - Lithonia, GA
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY NIK!.......Glad you had a wonderful time...Being  a wife of 16 years and a mom to 7 boys and 3 girls you would think I am down with everything..

I hate and cringe at anything that is not human and is creepy crawly.....can't swim but love to play in the water, can't fish, don't hike and never would sleep outdoors unless there was a million dollars guaranteed attached to it and a RV close by to sneak on....lol

I probably would have man-down the campsite while you were all hiking and watched over the food!.........you know so bears won't eat it up....lol

anyhoo....glad you had a wonderful day....mine is cooking a home-cook meal and dessert and popping some Xanax and getting a good quiet bath and nap ....my 3 oldest are graudating next week!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
dkwilliams1
on 5/8/11 5:20 am - AK

nfarris79
on 5/8/11 8:24 am - Germantown, MD
 Happy Mothers Day! That sounds like a great trip & so happy for you that you had a good time! (and bit o shame for me after living in this state for over 3 years and still haven't been to Harpers Ferry or Point of Rocks or anywhere that touches the Potomac other than Georgetown.... I gotta get out more!).

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 301 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 566 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 557 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 286 views
Recent Topics