Oh My! TMI...

Prettybrowneyezz
on 5/7/11 8:52 am - PA
Well, I had RNY on Monday, May 2nd and I pooped on Friday on my own without taking any MOM.  The problem I am having is that I had instant diaherrea (sp) yesterday and today.  I am still on liquids and have been following the rules.  Anyone know what causes the messy surprise??  I also had my gallbladder out too...  Can I take some Immodium to help or will that start contispation?  Any suggestions?? 
carly44
on 5/7/11 9:00 am - hazlet, NJ
I had diarrhea during the liquid phase too.....it passes. I wouldn't take Immodium as the runs can quickly turn into what most of us complain about which is constipation......

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 9:04 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Liquids in=Liquids out.  Just remember to stay hydrated because that can put you back in the hospital.

If it continues for too long, talk to your doctor.
katiecnm
on 5/7/11 9:49 am - Goshen, IN
I had my RNY on Wed, May 5. Had my GB removed as well. Had some bleeding at the Y and ended up getting 4 units of blood. I had my first BM this morning. After I had MOM last evening. I've had one more not-quite-diarrhea-but-not-formed BM this afternoon. Just got home today. My bowels are really rumbling around, but no more stools yet. Gosh, I don't want to have diarrhea!

I second that you shouldn't take immodium. Are you on clears or full liquids? Might that be part of the problem? Seems like bariatric full liqs would give you a little more substance to digest...

All the best,

Kate
evacheryl1959
on 5/8/11 1:21 am - OH
 My surgery is the 17th.  I am also getting GB removed at surgery.  How are you doing?  Did you have any further complications because you had GB removed.  I am just a little worried a about it.  
katiecnm
on 5/8/11 2:52 am - Goshen, IN
I'm doing better. I have lots of bruising on my abdomen, I speculate because the bleeding had to go somewhere. The problem was at the Y. Either a stitch came out or something. I had a CT scan, but thankfully they didn't open me back up. I suspect I'm just a little slower getting back on my feet because of the blood loss and transfusion.

That being said, the surgeon reassured me that the complication wasn't at all related to the GB. Would I do it again? Absolutely. I don't know if you could pay me enough money to go back and have a separate GB operation. And the weight loss WILL cause GB complications down the road If you are already having GB issues. When I talked to my surgeon preop, he said that GB removal used to be always included with the RNY, but they discovered that people that weren't already having GB issues weren't the ones that would develop them. Is yours bothering you?

Try not to be too worried. This is one of those rare things that can happen. Most people do just fine.

Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Kate

ohangela
on 5/7/11 5:01 pm
I had some diarhea too during the liquid phase it soon went away. I wouldn't worry unless it is excessive or if you are really worried talk to the doctor so you don't dehydrate.
Most Active
Recent Topics