10 days Post-Op and no Poop yet?

muchcleavage
on 5/8/11 1:12 pm
I am 10 days post-op and I am eating pureed food, but I have not had a BM yet? I seem to be passing gas and burping which is a good thing! LOL But how long did it take for you all to have a poop? Seeing my doctor on Wednesday for first appt after surgery, but was just wondering...

Carrie W.
on 5/8/11 1:19 pm - KY
5 days after surgery I was concerned because I hadn't gone. I called the surgeon's office and they said to take Milk of Magnesia. Worked like a charm!
Bucketta
on 5/8/11 1:20 pm
 I was close to 10 days I am sure.  Have to remember you are not taking in much food so there is little for output.  Be sure and drink your water, that helps to move the bowels, and as long as you are passing gas my doctor said the BM would come and it did.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

tbear1983
on 5/8/11 1:21 pm - MD
i had a hard pebbley poop 2day after but did no good the next time was a week after and i was in the e.r for swelling under my incisions and i told them i didnt poop and they gave me a lax and stool softner so u can use miralax and liqud stool softner
muchcleavage
on 5/8/11 1:27 pm
Thanks for the input! I have stool softener but it is a gel capsule so I didn't want to take it. Looks like a trip to the drug store tomorrow! 
Momma2nicknmike
on 5/8/11 10:30 pm - Beavercreek, OH
 Please don't go too long!  I got so constipated just recently that I swear what I pooped out was softball size!  Can you say OUCH?!

Lynne    

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 10:50 pm - SC
I was about a week out and I had to take Milk of Magnesia to help.  Since you've been on narcotics, you're not eating much and your bowels are a little traumatized from surgery it's normal to be constipated.  However, I was told that if it got painful to take a dose of Milk of Mag followed by a full glass of warm water.  That did the trick!  I'll be 4 weeks out tomorrow and I've only had to do that twice so far, but both times it worked within a couple of hours.
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 10:59 pm - Boston, MA
 It took me a week to go, how about warm tea; that usually works for me.
carly44
on 5/8/11 11:53 pm - hazlet, NJ
10 DAYS IS REALLY A LONG TIME NOT TO HAVE A BM.......

1SushiDiva
on 5/9/11 12:32 am - MD
Try something more natural like pureed spinach or baby prunes that should help you go.  I was just told I can take a Duralax stool softerner and things like Miralax are too harsh going down into the stomach that way. 

Best bet if the naturals dont work call your Nutritionist.. or the surgeon..

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 278 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views