Ok, found something I cannot eat in moderation - and you're not gonna believe what it is!

Pam211
on 5/10/11 12:51 am - Lexington-Fayette, KY

I'm with Frank, Totilla chips!  I could eat them everyday and they do go down too easy!

mshelf3
on 5/10/11 2:38 am
Oh Yeah Protein wafers through Netrition - go to Bariatric Foodie and click on the Netrition link. The Peanut Butter cup have gotten me through many a craving. I don't eat more than one serving on those- BUT........ Dark Chocolate Edamame from Trader Joes. I will never be able to buy it again..... agh... I am paying for it now but da** they are good.
  HW:398 SW:378 GW:180(DR.) 160(me)

Frances S.
on 5/10/11 2:46 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 Since I have to order all of my protein bars from online, this keeps me from eating too many.  I need them to last.  I normally eat one a day for breakfast.  I'm completely out and have been actually cooking an omelette instead.  I worked it out that a one egg omelette with half a slice of p28 bread was more protein and less calories than a protein bar.. but protein bars are easier and quicker.

MoLawEd
on 5/10/11 2:50 am - Cambridge, MA
Ohhh yes. Been there, done that. I now only allow myself to buy one at a time and only when I'm really in a sort of dire situation food-wise. To me, they are like crack - esp. the chocolate peanut butter flavor!

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

ladyquenn
on 5/10/11 2:59 am - WV
A friend of mine was only a few pounds from goal a couple months ago and discovered some of these bars. She discovered they tripped the trigger food and justified it with "they are protein, they are good for me". She had to stop because they were leading her to weight gain. I seem to have learned from her and have not had that problem yet, so watch it.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
Amy R.
on 5/10/11 9:54 am
It gets worse everybody! I went up to Vitalady to pick up an order of protein samples and forgot that I had also ordered 1 each of three different flavors of the Oh Yeah! protein BARS.... I ate one on the way home (peanut butter caramel) and by the time I got here I was pretty sure I was gonna have to stay away from the whole Oh Yeah franchise. They are actually the best tasting protein ANYTHING I have had since surgery 2 1/2 years ago.

The bar was huge, but it had 28 grams of protein in it. Whoever talked above about the protein/calorie ratio was right though. It had 380 calories. I basically had it for lunch and am still stuffed.

Oh, and for whoever asked about the carb count - for the vanilla protein wafers it is 8 carbs per two sticks. Not sure about the other flavors but prob comparable. For the protein bar it was around 30 carbs for the whole bar, but believe me that bar was HUGE HUGE and has kept me really full since 11:00 this am.

Why can't they make something yummy that I don't like so much? I mean, I want to like it enough not to gag, but not enough to sit here and binge on protein bars :P

And believe me Teddy, I can totally see where this is going. I'm gonna have to only have them for special occasions. Like at Christmas or something when everyone else is eating junk. I could never keep them in the house on a regular basis.

Lady Lithia
on 5/10/11 10:12 am
I heard a lot of people raving about them..... but I thought they tasted like cardboard.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 3 views