15 Days Out...Need Help

SharByTheSea
on 5/11/11 8:41 am
OK GF's...I am so sick and tired of these yucky shakes! Can't stand the sweet ones....have tried the chicken soup powder, not much better!  So...what am I to do?
I emailed my NU and she said "only two more weeks"  you can do it!  But I just need some real food!
Any suggestions?
Thanks...
Shar
LapBand  10/04
Realize Band 02/09
Revision Band to RNY  

LapBand: 10/2004
RealizeBand: 02/2009
Revision: LapBand/RNY 04/26/2011
nomoresugar
on 5/11/11 9:24 am
You didn't say if you are pre-op or post.  If you are post, on liquids, you may be allowed pudding, popsicles, Jello and yogurt as liquids.
SharByTheSea
on 5/11/11 10:05 am
I am 15 days post-op and doing great...no pain, or discomfort, just need some energy!  And I am sure that when I start on "real food" in two weeks I will gain some of that back...having a little problem getting all my fluids in, but read where that is very normal. 

LapBand: 10/2004
RealizeBand: 02/2009
Revision: LapBand/RNY 04/26/2011
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 10:14 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Try pureed soups; just pick your favorite one and blenderize it. I also added some unflavored protein powder (after it was heated or it's just horrible!) to increase the protein content. For me, a nifty minestrone or chicken vegetable soup was great; clam chowder not so much.

You can add chicken broth to thin it out as well.

Good luck.
Sara M.
on 5/11/11 5:34 pm - Warren, OH
r u allowed carnation instant breakfast no sugar added? it doesn thave near the amount of protein but that and ispospure zero carb premixed is what got me thru. i only had to do 1 week though.

Most Active
Recent Topics