How much at 14months?

TJN66
on 5/12/11 11:17 pm - Elmira, NY
Good Morning Everyone,
I am asking because my surgeons office closed and there is not a dietician to speak to.  I am being followed by my primary care MD at this time.

Anyway my question is how much should I be eating at this point out?  I measure and eat between 1 cup to 1.5 cups depending on what is for dinner.  Protein first with a small amount of veggies I eat about a cup.  Now soups/yogurts/cottage cheese/salads etc are in the 1.5 range.

Does this sound about right?  I still drink a protein drink for breakfast and if I "feel" hungry at night then I will drink a small one in the evening after dinner.

Thanks so much!
Tammy       250 presurg/160 surgeons goal
                  130 my goal/130 currently

Kim S.
on 5/12/11 11:27 pm - Helena, AL
It doesn't sound out of the question....it really isn't volume so much as eating the right things and the right amount of calories for the day based on your activity level.

I workout 5-6 times a week and eat between 1,500-1,800 calories per day in 6 small meals with 110 grams of protein daily.  I am maintaining my weight for a full year now.

Kim

Elizabeth Z.
on 5/13/11 1:44 pm - Corning, NY
I had my surgery done at the same place as you and not too far from your date either! That seems about the same amount that I eat too. I wished there was someone to go to for this kind of thing! 

http://bariatrickitchen.wordpress.com/

TJN66
on 5/14/11 12:50 am - Elmira, NY
I know!  It's hard when there is not anyone to email/call with questions.  Did they offer to have you followed up in syracuse?  They offered and I had my stuff sent to them but my primary md is the one actually following me.  I havent spoke to anyone in syracuse at all so I have no idea on who to contact. 
I feel like they left us in limbo at this point.  Thank goodness we have this board to come to for questions!
Tammy       250 presurg/160 surgeons goal
                  130 my goal/130 currently

Elizabeth Z.
on 5/14/11 2:26 am - Corning, NY
They asked me to follow them to Syracuse too! I told them it was too far so, they asked about Binghamton. I said no to that too! I can't drive that far for a follow up! I haven't seen anyone since my 6 month check. I am thinking of calling my primary care for follow up. I have no idea where I stand with my levels... I'm still alive so, I guess it can't be too bad. But, yeah I feel like I was just dropped by them and forgotten. This is where I come for everything now. Kind of scarey really.

http://bariatrickitchen.wordpress.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics