Good protein that is like Crystal Light?

Angela *.
on 5/13/11 12:00 pm - UT
OK, I know it's been mentioned before but I didn't pay much attention because BEFORE my surgery 10 days ago, I LIKED my protein shakes.  You all aren't kidding about how your tastes change and how SWEET the shakes can see post-op. 
I don't even know if I can choke down the jugs of Body Fortress that I have.  One taste of the Strawberry and Cookies-n-Cream ones and they went down the sink. I can tolerate the Chocolate. 
Anyway, I DO have a jug of Syntrax NECTAR.....the Fuzzy Navel I heard about on the board.  I like this mixed with some crystal light but I'm getting tired of it.  What other protein drinks are like THAT though......not creamy, more like Crystal Light?  Guess I could try samples of the other Nectars.  I don't mind buying online but curious if there are any at stores too.
   *******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 12:12 pm - Missoula, MT
 I use the UNJURY brand, it mixes with water and doesn't come out creamy.  Not sure if your taste buds will approve or not.  I'm still 10 days out from surgery so I can't speak for post-op taste buds yet, lol.  You can order a sampler pack from unjury and try em out (a little pricy though)
Janine P.
on 5/13/11 12:26 pm - Long Island, NY
Buy samples of Syntrax Nectar from Vitalady.  They make pina colada, pineapple, lemonade - lots of flavors.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Ale L.
on 5/13/11 12:32 pm
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 i thought i was the only one whose taste changed!!!  i am having the same problem.  i am a little over 2 months out and struggle with the same things.  i would love to hear what others are posting.  
Krista F.
on 5/13/11 1:25 pm - BRYAN, OH
RNY on 12/08/10 with
i love the fuzzy navel, i too put crystal light in it, (orange) but i get mine from the vitaminshoppee.com.. it cost me about 36 dollars with shiping, i get the 2.99 shipping, they say 2-10 daya but comes about 2 days.  they have alot to pick from, i got the cappineo ( sorry spelling  sucks) and it is good, i dont have to put anything with that,some times i do put in some coffee
 HW 300  BSW 275  SW  263  1st GW 199  GW 150        
Krista F.
on 5/13/11 1:30 pm - BRYAN, OH
RNY on 12/08/10 with
i got the samples from vitalady.com they have 13 diff. flavors, and it cost about 14-15 dollars.. u need to try that.
 HW 300  BSW 275  SW  263  1st GW 199  GW 150        
Boxer Heather
on 5/13/11 1:29 pm - Grasonville, MD
Isopure makes a ready to drink protein drink that is juice-like.  They come in 20 oz bottles that have 40grams of protein.  Flavors are things like Grape, Alpine punch, green apple and more.  They were life savers for quite a while after surgery.  I bought them at Vitamin Shoppe.

Heather

boxerlickinggirl.gif boxer licking girl image by boxerheath               

jenna F.
on 5/13/11 11:44 pm
 I prefer Vi-Shape, you can add it to any liquid and just about any food. It is the only protein shake I like and that my pouch will tolerate.

ahmerzrealm
on 5/13/11 11:45 pm - Naperville, IL
I have found pre mixed MUSCLE MILK to taste very good in addition to isopure.

Have you tried mixing your protein shakes in milk ? I have found that to be quite helpful.
Jacobsmama08
on 5/14/11 11:10 am - Morgan Hill, CA
I've been liking 'Be' brand Pom Razz Sangria. 30 grams of protein for 1 scoop , it says 4 ounces of water, but I put it in about 12 ounces, it's so sweet. With the 12, on ice, it tastes pretty darn good. I am sure there are other flavors, and you'll have ti look it up, where to buy it, cuz I got it from a friend who had surgery a while back.

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.