silly little NSV (at 2+ years out)

Amy R.
on 5/14/11 1:19 pm
This is just a silly little thing, but for some reason it really tickles me. 

Today, I actually mowed the whole front lawn all by myself!  Haven't done that in over 5 years! AND, I trimmed our 90 year old rhododendron - it's taller than our house.  It felt so incredibly good to be outside doing stuff today  =)

I've gardened a little more every summer since surgery, but hubby always mows the lawn and the poor rhody hadn't been trimmed in probably 8 or 10 years.  I am actually feeling quite proud of myself.  It really IS the little things that mean the most I guess!

Just want the newbies to know that the NSV's haven't stopped - even at almost 2 1/2 years out.  My (admittedly mutated) RnY gave me back my life!  And it just keeps getting better.
cherryblossoms
on 5/14/11 1:55 pm
  Mowing a lawn is HARD work!  That is a huge accomplishment. I did that years ago when I was married, until my x-husband ran over a huge rock with the lawnmower and busted it, so I divorced him.    kidding.....

Congrats on your NSV!

Lorna

Ladytazz
on 5/14/11 2:20 pm
How is your RNY mutated?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Amy R.
on 5/14/11 9:05 pm

Health issues triggered the RnY decision for me, as with so many others.  The diffference for me is that I was going to lose most of my stomach due to non-healing ulcers and scar tissue that repeatedly had closed my pyloric channel AND kept bleeding - causing considerable pain and several rides to th hospital in ambulances (actually that is an understatement, lol).

Anywho, I decided the person to take out my stomach should probably have  a lot of experience with that kinda stuff, and since I had gained so much weight over the prior 10 or 15 years I wanted to combine it with some kind of WLS.  Because my pyloric valve was shot, the RnY was my option.  Basically I don't have a stomach, just the little pouch.  My "blind stomach" was all removed at surgery.  So I'm kinda like a sleeve/DS in that way, which is nice because my ghrelin producing tummy is all gone. 

So I have the RnY intestines, and what little was left of my stomach was formed into a pouch.  =)

Ladytazz
on 5/15/11 6:40 am
I kind of have a similar situation.  I am a revision from a DS and for some reason my surgeon removed my distal stomach and pyloric valve.  I still have the DS intestinal configuration with a longer common channel (200cc) and a RNY pouch.  I agree about not having the ghrelin producing stomach.  I haven't had any hunger since surgery.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

mvpo8961
on 5/14/11 2:33 pm, edited 5/14/11 2:34 pm
HA HA HA I know how you feel.  I have increased my gardening this year also.  I couldn't have done it six years ago when I started this journey.

I now weigh less than I did when I got married.  My husband picked me up today and I told him to put me down before he hurt himself.  He said to me that I was the lightest person he had picked up all week.  (He works in SICU)

Wow that made my journey so worth it all.

Congrats on your NSV.  It is nice that we can still have them isn't it.

M
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius
seattledeb
on 5/14/11 3:38 pm
Those Rhododendrons can get away from you. I trimmed a kiwi vine today.
I'm not picking up mowing the yard though. I hate that job no matter how much I weigh.
Deb T>

Most Active
Recent Topics