FINALLY get to meet my surgeon tomorrow!

Jenners
on 5/16/11 3:04 am - Indianapolis, IN

Feels like it's been years since I've started this journey (only been 6 months) and I finally get to meet my surgeon tomorrow!  I've been to pre-op support groups and dieticians and counselors and blah blah, now I finally get to talk to my surgeon!  I can't wait!  I have my own questions, but what did you all wish you had asked at your appointment?  I'm so excited!

~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
princessfrogee
on 5/16/11 3:24 am - AL
When I first met with my surgeon I thought I had asked all the questions that I needed to, but since reading posts on this site, more questions have arisen and these are questions that I plan on asking mine when I go in for my pre-op:

1)  Will you be using staples or tape strips to close up the incisions?
2)  I have heard of some patients having drains put in temporarily and removed shortly after surgery, will you be using those?
3) I accidentally bought multi vitamins that are iron free.  What amount of iron do I need to take each day?
4)  When I first started my journey, and at my initial meeting with my surgeon, I was leaning towards the Lapband surgery and some of the information he gave to me was regarding that surgery.  I have since switched to opting for the rou-en-y and need to verify the approx. amount of days (minimum) to expect to have to stay in the hospital.  Each Dr is different and it will always depend on how well you do post-op and barring no complications, etc. The hospital is over an hour from my home and my mother will be coming to get me so I just needed a general idea.

Tonya0531
on 5/16/11 6:49 am - Lake, MS
Good luck!  Make you a list before you go to the doctor because chances are that you will forget everything you want to ask.  That's what I did and I left there feeling that I covered my bases. 
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics