Question/Pain/Throwing Up

Dee H.
on 5/17/11 12:35 am - Rochester, NH
I know its not dumping becaues of what i eat. This has happened around once a week, I wake up and drink my protein shake and then i take my vitimans, well what has been happening is that I get a really bad pain in the upper part of my stomach and i hurts for about 20 minutes and then i throw up and it is sylivia and its a little foamy. Why does this happen? I am 4 months out.
Its hard when this happens at work? Thank You all for your help!!! Thanks Dee
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXVUTID/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wXVUTID/weight.png">>

nomoresugar
on 5/17/11 2:33 am
they call it the foamies.  It can be from drinking too cold or too fast.  It can help to hydrate (drink water) first then add protein. 
sammys_mama
on 5/17/11 5:09 am
I've been stuck a few times and it is foamy and has saliva too. I don't notice I'm stuc****il much later. One day I got stuck before bed but  didn't notice until the morning when I went to drink and I got a pain in my chest. I always thought that  you would feel that you are getting stuck right away, but my surgeon told me that isn't always the case. Possibly that is what is going on? Or, how are you taking your multi? Are you chewing it or is it whole? The other problem I have is sometimes if I'm full and then take my meds it's just too much for my pouch to take and I feel yucky. Maybe take your vitamin first and then sip your shake. I've been sick a handful of times the past few weeks and it's no fun at all.

Wendy
Wendy
RNY 2/8/11

babybooo828
on 5/17/11 5:33 am
 I would contact your surgeon to rule out anything being a serious issue. Its possible that it is nothing, but it could be something like an ulcer or stricture, or even soemthing else.

My surgeon has told me, that if I ever vomit to give him a call. If I know its from eating too fast or too much, I generally don't call. But after several times of vomiting and knowing that it doesn't seem like I'm doing anything wrong, I call his office to see if I need to be worried or not. Usually I speak with the nurse, and she will tell me what to do (i.e. schedule an appointment, go the the ER, or sends me for testing). I have had too many issues now with vomiting to not speak up and be worried about it. I have had two strictures, an ulcer, and now an issues with my gallbladder (so they think). I am getting testing (blood work and then a CT scan with contrast) to be sure of what the problem is.  

beatrice00
on 5/17/11 11:29 am - NY
RNY on 04/10/12 with
I had almost the same symptoms and it turned out I had an ulcer. I'm in the hospital because of it. Set up an appointmrnt for an endoscopy to figure out what is happening.

Most Active
Recent Topics