Headaches STOPPED after surgery!

avidreader
on 5/17/11 8:48 am - Cary, NC
Mine went away too.  I have had one REALLY BAD one where I had to miss work in the past 3 years.  It could have been anything with my - cut back of caffeine, cut out sugar, diabetes in remission, blood pressure under control - go figure.  I just know I am SO thankful they are gone - don't really care WHY.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
fryeme2
on 5/17/11 9:41 am - Charleston, IL
I can totally sympathize with you on the headaches and migraines.  I was diagnosed with what they call Psuedo Tumor Cerebri (psuedo - meaning "false").  My brain acted as if I had a real brain tumor.  I had all of the symptoms, especially the horrible headaches.  One of the main reasons I had the bypass was to eliminate the Psuedo Tumor symptoms.  The extra weight presses against the spinal column which then causes extra cerebral spinal fluid to build up in the brain and it does not absorb or excret properly causing pressure against the optic nerve, which then causes the major headaches.  Since my surgery I have not had one headache either.  I do believe there are more people out there that currently do have this same problem, but have never been diagnosed.  But I also agree with the other posting dealing with the sugar intakes of what we used to ingest compared to hardly any now.  I am so glad you are now headache free.  I wish the best for you and good luck in your journey!

take care
sarah
myturnnow
on 5/17/11 11:57 am
I too don't have near the headaches I did before surgery.  I joke that it must have been a food allergy from my primary food source... McDonalds, snickers bars and Coke. 

Kidding aside, I feel amazing.  I get teary eyed thinking about the last 8 months and how much has changed.  The good, the bad and the ugly - all worth it for me. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 158 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views