2 the one's that completed...what are the next steps after the approval call?

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/17/11 10:30 am
I am waiting for my forms to leave the surgeons offc and get faxed to my insurance by Fri. of this week.
I would like to know even though I will find out in the weeks to come please. thanks.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Lisa R.
on 5/17/11 12:44 pm - CA
 Go****hink that would be different for every doctor.  I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago.  When my doctor sent in the request to my insurance company it took about a week, then my doctor's office called me pretty late at night to schedule the surgery date, which was like 3 weeks from that call.  

The best advice is to just relax and let it take it's time, check up on it every few days, but try to relax cause the stress will get to you.  It will happen.  The surgery is harder then i expected, lots of gas pain and missing food and strange feelings, so just live it up while you can..things are about to change BIG TIME. (in a good way)

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/17/11 1:06 pm
Thanks. I think I'm getting a little excited. Thank you again.
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/17/11 1:29 pm
Of course each surgeon does it different but for me:

They scheduled a surgery date, 
set up appointments for liquid diet instuctions, 
blood work and weigh in every 2 weeks I'm on the liquid diet, 
4 hour class to receive binder and be instructed on surgery and eating after surgery, 
2 hour class on the importance of exercise,
final appt. with surgeon, 
pre-admission appt. at the hospital

and if you are lucky like me an appointment to put in a picc line a couple of days before surgery because my veins are soft, deep and roll and the surgeon had to stand around and wait for them to find them for my EGD and he does not want to do that the day of surgery.

Winnie

Most Active
Recent Topics