Having a dilema with clothes ( Im not complaining lol)

amyjd62080
on 5/18/11 10:02 pm - New Bedford, MA
Ok so Its been almost 9mths since my RNY surgery and I have lost a total of 152lbs.  The weight is literally flying off. I am so proud of myself for sticking by the book and doing everything that the doctors and nurses told me to do.  I was a size 22 almost 24 and I am wearing a size medium. Right now I am borrowing clothes from my mom and we def don't have the same taste in clothing style as I do. Where does a girl who is on a very tight budget find clothes  in Massachusetts. I still wanna lose about another 20-30lbs to reach my dream goal so any imput will be greatly appreciated

Amy

"Nobody said it was going to be easy, they just promised it was going to be worth it"
My email is [email protected] and looking for new WLS friends on facebook...

mellasmomma0709
on 5/18/11 10:20 pm - IL
I visit goodwill alot and now is yardsale season so I have been hitting those.I have also asked some friends on facebook if they had cloths to get rid of.All of these ways have gotten me lots of cloths.I have apretty nice wardrobe going on right now.Theres no way I could afford new cloths every few weeks or so and this way is working perfect for me. Good luck
Katari
on 5/18/11 10:59 pm - OR
Try goodwill, thrift stores, consignment stores, and hit all the sales at the stores like J.C. Penney's etc. I hit JCP and got pants, shirt, sweater for $30.00! Keep an eye out for the end of season sale**** ebay, etc. Lots of places to find something if your not wanting to pay a lot.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

TxSuz
on 5/18/11 11:18 pm
 I shop clearance on most clothing I buy. Kohls is usually where I find my best deals.
 -Suzanne

adamsamah
on 5/18/11 11:19 pm - Nixa, MO
The Salvation Army and I were very good friends when I was losing and I still go to resale shops, everything I buy new is used after one wearing, right?
I then send everything I've undergrown to the Salvation Army for the next person. Worked for me.
Hugs and keep up the wonderful work. Staying true to your plan has so many rewards.
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Ladytazz
on 5/18/11 11:39 pm
 Check you Freecycle in your city.  Many times people will give away clothes and you can make a post asking for things in your size.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 12:16 am
I love Old Navy clearance rack. Also, I find tons of stuff for cheap at Target, Kohl's and JC Penny. I hit up Kohl's and JCP when they are having a weekend sale or I have a coupon.
Carrie W.
on 5/19/11 12:46 am - KY
My vote is for Goodwill. My bff just got 3 super, super cute outfits for less than $20. It's where I plan to shop when I run out of my "skinny" clothes. Congrats on the weight loss!
amyjd62080
on 5/19/11 6:55 pm - New Bedford, MA
Thank you everyone for all of the great ideas and I am going to use all of them.I joined this website two months before my surgery and it truly a great place to either help others or yourself. I cleaned out my closet today and literally kept some tshirts to hang in the house or for the gym but I donated every article of clothing I ever owned.  I started at a size 22/24 and I tried on a size 10 pants and they fit perfectly. It literally brought me to tears because I am finally winning the obesity battle. As soon as I heard that my insurance would pay for the procedure something inside of me knew that this would be the best choice for me.  Its not only changed my outside appearance, it has also improved my self esteem and confidence.  I use to always hear that saying when you put ur mind to something you can truly do it and I have proven that its true. I hope all of you have the amazing experience that I have been blessed with. I wish you lots of luck and happiness to all.

Amy

"Nobody said it was going to be easy, they just promised it was going to be worth it"
My email is [email protected] and looking for new WLS friends on facebook...

Most Active
Recent Topics