Sweatin' to the Oldies ?? or ?

psx chelly
on 5/18/11 11:34 pm

Okay... Ive been exercising since week 4.  I can not do all the jumping and running around because ive have 6 surgeries on my left knee, and 2 on my right.

The other day I tried a supposedly "low impact" workout from Billy Banks TaeBo, and I thought my knee almost came apart again.. so no more of that.

I guess I want to know if anyone does Richard Simmons workouts?  I figure his workouts might be better for "us" and lower impact on the knees?

If anyone has other DVD suggestions easy ont he knees, please lemme know.  I am quickly turning into Jello despite my current exercise, and I dont like it...   Im looking for a 20-30 min workout that tones and cardio.

kyutzy
on 5/18/11 11:59 pm - Arlington, TX
I have three DVDs from Richard.  I love doing them!  I compare myself to all of his exercisers.  I haven't done them in awhile but my favorite is first one.
Hope you will enjoy trying him.  He's so energetic!!!!
Day_dream_believer
on 5/19/11 12:18 am
What about the walk away the pounds series. 
Laura A.
on 5/19/11 1:43 am - Manteca, CA
How about trying some of the 'senior' chair exercise DVDs?  Might not be as intense as you'd like, but it would keep you moving while your knees get a much needed break...

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Katari
on 5/19/11 1:59 am - OR
You might try  some of R.S. workouts and see how it goes. (I can't believe they'd say Taebo with Billy Banks is low impact. LOL. I killed myself on those video's!!). You might check into water workouts in your area, much better for your knee's that way! or if you can go for a bike ride that's pretty good as well. just start out slowly! Walking is also great exercise and working on increasing your walk speed and distance is always a nice way to do it as well. For example when I first started walking I was doing about a 25 minute mile. now, when I go for a walk, I can do a mile in about 12 minutes. I don't jog on my walks, I'm just moving at a faster pace than I used to and no, I'm not power walking either. LOL.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

grmadeb01
on 5/19/11 5:45 am - FL
i have some of his videos, but have not used them in a while, tried when i first got them, and could not keep up..but i may drag them back out and try again....but i did like the music, i also got the disco ones..
i am doing stuff in the pool for now, i have a bad back, and now back up to a mile on the treadmill, but at a slow speed...
not sure what you are cable of doing..can you march in place to a beat of so me music? i would try some of the chair exercises they have out
have a great day
debby
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views