Can we eat cereal?

ArmyWife7806
on 5/19/11 8:10 am - Wheeler AAF, HI
Just wondering if we can eat cereal, how far out post-op can we eat it if we can, and what kind of cereal can we eat?

Thanks.
Mandi
Mommy to Talan & Aden. Proud Army Wife to Dustin 
HW:306 SW:275 CW:191 GW: 135-145 ish 

azreggie
on 5/19/11 8:22 am, edited 5/19/11 8:22 am - Tucson, AZ
Eating cereal with milk is like eating and drinking at the same time.  I eat cereal with greek yogurt which will not wash out ot the pouch right away.  My recipe is:

1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean
1/2 cup greek yogurt
2 packets of splenda
a couple of squirts of SF Torani French Vanilla syrup
sometimes I'll through some blueberries in there too.

Watch the sugar content on the cereals, they are usually high.

Reggie

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 8:41 am - SC
That sounds really good!  I may have to give that a try.
msromagnola
on 5/19/11 9:42 am
This could have been MY post!  I eat this every weekday for breakfast!  (minus the syrup and I love it with strawberries).  Good isn't it?

MSROMAGNOLA
azreggie
on 5/19/11 10:25 am - Tucson, AZ
My kitchen counter looks like a coffee bar with all the SF flavors I have.  I just purchased a new one, Salted Caramel. Need I say more?

Reggie

Katari
on 5/19/11 8:52 am - OR
I used to mix cereal with yogurt, but it's one thing I can't tolerate after surgery. I can eat it dry, but the second I try and mix it with anything I start dumping like crazy (okay, it's a very mild dump, but still doesn't feel pleasant!). Try it, but be aware it may cause a weird response.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

katheek
on 5/19/11 8:54 am - Cosmopolis, WA

Here is what I used to eat before surgery, cereal with applesauce and cinnamon, it tasted just like an apple crisp.  I might look into that again if I can find a cereal low in sugars.

KATHEE K

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 12:22 pm - NY
that sounds yummy, with golden grahams. What kind did you use, since Im sure golden grahams has a ton of sugar.
katheek
on 5/19/11 12:29 pm - Cosmopolis, WA
I used Honey Nuts and Oats.  I was going to check the label this weekend to see what the sugars are.  This particular cereal has almonds so it does have a little bit of protein.  You know I could google the nutrional value...I think I will.  Yes, this was very yummy.

KATHEE K

katheek
on 5/19/11 12:36 pm - Cosmopolis, WA
Okay I googled the nutrional value and for 3/4 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats w/Almonds it was 6 grams of sugar, which in my plan it is okay but there is no way I could eat that much.  So for 1/4 cup of cereal with applesauce and cinnamon it is very doable....I'm excited.  Carbs are a bit high but if I stick to just 1/4 c and maybe add an egg I'd get a good breakfast.  Not sure I could eat all that yet, I am only 11 weeks out.  I think we want to eat different foods but we have to keep in our minds.....Protein first. 

KATHEE K

Most Active
Recent Topics