kink in intestines

MeFerg
on 5/20/11 7:00 am
Went to Dr.  had a Ultrasound, HIDA scan, CT scan now I have to have surgery to take my gallbladder out and clip my intestines in place.  Dr. says it is what is causing my severe pain on right side.  I am glad that it is not in my head.  But Dr. says you lost 138 lbs and your intestines have more movement without all the fat keeping them in place after the moving around in the RNY so that is what is causing intestines to kink in and out of place.  Has anyone heard of this?
redenallen
on 5/20/11 7:13 am
You're quite a way out, but right after my RNY my intestines were all kinked up which led to a complete obstruction.  The dr had to go back in and lay everything down and 'cement' them in place (his words, im sure they didn't use real cement, lol).  Glad your dr caught the kink before a full obstruction occured.  They fixed the "kinks" laproscopically through the same incisions as the original RNY surgery.

I've never heard of our organs moving around because of the dramatic weight loss but it sounds plausible.  Best of luck.  Glad your listening to your body.

dlo2
on 5/21/11 4:49 am - Brandenburg, KY
I have had an obstruction and shortly after that experienced the same kind of pain but nothing showed up on the CT scan so the dr said it was propably a kink that worked itself out
Most Active
Recent Topics