NEED HELP

cheermama1993
on 5/21/11 11:36 am - Fontana, CA
Ii am 3 1/2 yrs out and I lost 60lbs in the first 4 months after surgery and since then, I have not lost a pound. these past 6months or so i have gained about 30 lbs. I am so upset and scaried that i will end up back over 300 lbs or bigger. I feel this surgery was horrible and not even worth it. I don't know what to do and I am starting to get very depressed.
any advice????
Ladytazz
on 5/21/11 11:43 am
 It really sounds like the surgery failed.  It is not normal to not lose even 100lbs.  Did you follow the plan you were given?  Were you even given a plan?
What do you eat normally in a day?
That will help people know how to help you.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

cheermama1993
on 5/21/11 11:47 am - Fontana, CA
i have followed my drs plan to a t.....for the first 3 yrs. then i slipped.  no alcohol no soda, but not eating real good i understand the weight gain but not the enough weight loss.  i am type 2 diabetic and pcos as well.  i am so lost....
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/21/11 11:55 am - OH
You lost NOTHING in the 3 years beyond 4 months post-op?!? Did you contact your surgeon when you stopped losing weight after only 4 months?!?  What did (s)he say? How much additional weight did you need/want to lose initially?  That is extremely unusual (since at less than 6 months out you should still have had most of the malabsorption and would still ahve had a lopt of restriction from the small pouch size.  There must have been a reason for it, especially if you started at over 300 pounds.

Gaining weight at such a rapid rate (30 pounds in 6 months is about 5 pounds a month which is more than a pound per week) is also somewhat unusual.  How many calories do you comsume on a vaergae day?  How many grams of protein?  Have you seen a physician to see if there is something medical going on?  Are you taking any medications that might cause you to gain weight?

I would suggest contacting a medical professional because there is obviously something going on and even going back to basics (eating more like you did right after surgery.... measured, limited portions, emphasis on high protein and very few carbs, lots of water (except after eating)) may not be veyr successful.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cheermama1993
on 5/21/11 12:01 pm - Fontana, CA
honestly all my dr said was just give it time you will lose.  i exercise 5 days a week.  i haven't been eating good lately that part i get.  but not losing......i guess i will try to see the surgeon again. he don't seem to want to help though.
poet_kelly
on 5/21/11 12:02 pm - OH
What does your surgeon say is the reason you did not lose anything after four months?

If you were following your doc's plan exactly the first year, that makes no sense.  I mean, I don't know what your doc's plan is, but if anyone followed my surgeon's plan, even without having surgery at all, they'd lose weight.  From months 4 to 12, my plan had me eating 1000 - 1200 calories a day, and anyone would lose weight eating that, right?  So I'm thinking, if you really stuck to your doc's plan, something went really wrong.

Have you had an upper GI to check your pouch and stoma?  Talked to a surgeon about a possible revision?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/11 12:07 pm - Olympia, WA
Get braces!

Haha... Well sort of ;)

My friend and fellow wls'er in real life, is about 4 years post-surgery and she thought she was at her final weight. About 6 months ago, she got braces and dropped another 25 pounds and is even more tiny! Probably weighs 130 pounds now.

She says between her teeth being sore after getting the braces adjusted and being self-conscious about food in her teeth, it has really curbed her appetite!
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/21/11 9:16 pm
Did you have a RNY or the lapband?
How often have you seen your surgeon.  Did you stop after the first "give it time"?

Winnie

cheermama1993
on 5/22/11 12:16 am - Fontana, CA
I had RNY. I see my surgeon once a year. I told him that i get a full feeling but 20 mins later I am starving again.  all he said was oh your emptying fast then... IDK what to do.
Most Active
Recent Topics