Need to lose some pounds still - is this ok?

Annie E.
on 5/25/11 2:21 am
Ok after reaching goal, and actually going below it, I have gained 5 pounds! I need to get them back off and wondered if its ok to substitute a meal or maybe 2 each day with only protein shake?  I am soooo scared of gaining anymore! I am 11 months out right now. Any suggestions?
 - Annie -                         
 GODZGRL  
Goal Weight 145 lb. Met On: 2/5/11 

265.0  (5/1/10)    242.0 (6/29/10)     136.4 (4/03/11)
 HW                        SW                        NOW 
-------------------------------------------------------

kaseymc19
on 5/25/11 2:24 am - gatesville , TX
I am no help to what your asking but I wanted to tell you how great you look...

I thank my great husband and kids for being my rock.
HW 230   CW 143 GW 140
jenbear
on 5/25/11 2:35 am - hagerstown , MD
5 pounds could totally be chalked up to water, mabe you could sub one meal, but im not sure if thats even good because protein shakes should be more like ur snakes in between, pump up your protein and mabe add an extra work out in. 
ahmerzrealm
on 5/25/11 2:55 am - Naperville, IL
I have a shake for breakfast .. a shake for lunch and then eat a high protein dinner. I wouldnt say that this is the healthiest way to go but my protein levels are awesome. I would recommend doing this for a few weeks only.
gochristy1971
on 5/25/11 3:05 am - CA
OMG OMG OMG!!!  I am about to cry!  Before I had surgery, when I would go through the before and after pictures, I would totally stop on yours.  I don't know why...I think I see myself in your body shape etc (albeit I started bigger than you).  I can't believe you are here now!  I sort of feel like you are a celebrity!

Ok, that is not as creepy as it sounds!

I'm sure your question will be answered by the vets, but I think that's a really good idea.  "Back to Basics" as they say.
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
Ladytazz
on 5/25/11 4:12 am
 Good for you for being proactive.  The time to act is 5 lbs.  It is much harder the more it is.  I would think the protein shakes would be fine but what I would really want to do is look at the things that caused me to gain those 5 lbs.  Is it snacking?  Wrong kind of foods?  Bigger portions?  Once you identify the problem then losing those 5 lbs would likely stay off instead of going back and forth.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Kim S.
on 5/25/11 4:17 am, edited 5/25/11 4:18 am - Helena, AL
Hmmm....depends.  And this is just my opinion for what it is worth.

Have you been eating more and more of the wrong things?  Exercising less?  If the answers are yes, then stop eating the wrong stuff so much and move more.  This should help you lose the lbs.

However, if this has happened and you didn't change anything, it could be your body leveling out.  This may be your body's goal weight and while you can fight it, do you want to be on a diet the rest of your life? 

I recommend re-evaluating what you are doing and if not much has changed, just weigh once a week and make sure you are not continuing to gain.  Don't get stuck on a certain number.  If you are healthy, your clothes fit and you are eating a well balanced diet and EXERCISING this may be your weight.

Switching back to protein drinks to "drop a few lbs" is only going to do that...when you go back to eating, it will likely come back.  We spent our lives failing on diets, don't set yourself up.

Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics