Hair loss?

nmcewen
on 5/28/11 2:09 am - CA
VSG on 10/17/11 with
It is true hair loss does happen? Just on the head...or will I finally lose that embarrassing hair on my chin I have to keep shaving?
Nicole    
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/28/11 2:55 am - OH
Sadly, only the hair on your head is affected. Not everyone loses hair, but MOST people lose some and MANY lose a significant amount.   I was in the latter group... I lost half of mine between months 4 and 9.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

allvalerie
on 5/28/11 3:05 am - Seward, AK
Like Lora- I lost a lot of hair so far and am still losing it. My hair lost started at week 5 and it still going. Its a little noticeable but more noticeable to me then to anyone else. I'm confident my hair loss will stop soon and the hair will start growing back.

Valerie
jenbear
on 5/28/11 4:22 am - hagerstown , MD
i am 2 years out and a hairdresser, so i lost hair up until about 6 mo and then it slowed down a bit.  Eat alot of protein, as much as you can cause it will keep your hair growing.  As for hair on your chin, stop shaving it, you r making it grow quicker and thicker, wax it off a couple of time and you wont have to deal with it near as much and when it does come back in, its thinner and less noticable, and wax it again.  The good news is usually when you loose the weight the hair on your chinny *****hin goes away, its a hormone thing most of the time.
pamkb
on 5/28/11 9:17 am - Crestview, FL
I too suffer from hair thinning but only I seem to notice it.  It started at about 3 1/2 months post op and now at 6 1/2 months seems to have tapered off quite a bit but no new growth yet.

My girlfriend and I was just talking about the unfairness that the ONLY hair affected is on top of our head.  All OTHER hair growth seems to be reacting positively to all the extra vitamins, extra protein, biotin, etc that we are taking.  I sure wish my bikini line would have been affected by hair loss but OH NO, that for sure did not happen....just say'n.

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Kimberly129
on 5/28/11 9:40 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
try bleaching the hair on your chin, my sister had a lot of very dark black hair on her chin and upper lip like a mans, and instead of shaving it she bleached it and it wasnt as noticeable.

I am almost 6 months post op and still losing my hair.
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

immafatgirl
on 5/28/11 4:55 pm - KY
i always get a small peach fuzz mustache that drives me up the wall. i ordered a small tube of hair remover from avon. i only have to use it every other month , like once. it works great . i think its like 6 bucks but lasts about 6 months.
nmcewen
on 6/5/11 4:28 am - CA
VSG on 10/17/11 with
I just ordered the hair removal from AVON...thanks again.
Nicole    
nmcewen
on 6/5/11 4:15 am - CA
VSG on 10/17/11 with
Thank you everyone. I appreciate you all telling me the truth. I will eat a lot of proteins and try the bleaching and the AVON product for my face. I am glad to hear the hair loss stops.

Thank you all.
Nicole    
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views