Help! Day 6 Post Op and I swear I feel hunger!

jmwalker06
on 5/29/11 1:20 am - AZ
 Hi everyone!  I'm day 6 post op and I swear I feel hunger!  Not overwhelming but its there and I'm still on clear liquids.  We were advised we could use Isopure but I had about 2 bottles of it and now when I think of it I want to puke!  Is this normal?  I'm wondering if its head hunger, I've tried to stay away from my family as they eat their meals.  I just want a little something,  I would even settle for a chocolate protein shake!  Any advise?  

Not goin down with outa fight!     
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/29/11 1:37 am - OH
It is likely head hunger (especially because, in addition to the effect of the surgery on the nerves that enable you to sense true hunger, you say that "I just want a little something"... THAT'S HEAD HUNGER). 

It's normal.  Sorry that you are stuck on liquids (you might try the Cytosport protein water (which, in my opinion tates MUCH better than the Isopure (someone would have to pay me LOTS of money to drink that Isopure water!))

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Stacemonster
on 5/29/11 2:31 am
I felt real hunger during the first week while I was on clear liquids.  Everything got a lot better when I moved to pureed in week 2.  I felt sooo much better.  When do you get to move to more than clear liquids?

jmwalker06
on 5/29/11 3:39 am - AZ
 Thanks for your response, I really don't think its my head!  Though I do feel funny in my head, did you experience that?  I get to move off of clear fluids on Tues.  I have post op class and they feed you your first meal.  I'm not wanting anything bad.  So here's what I would really like to have some teriyaki chicken and some yellow and zucchini squash or a piece of lemon pepper fish.  Crazy I know but that's what I want!
Stacemonster
on 5/29/11 3:48 am
Specific cravings are probably a bit of head hunger.  :)  I did feel funny in my head, fatigued, hungry, and overall just sick.  When I ate my first peice of string cheese I IMMEDIATELY felt tons better!  I think it was just a lack of calories.  Clear liquids adds up to about 25 calories/day.  That just isn't enough to feel healthy.

G-Ann B.
on 5/29/11 6:26 am - WA
 I will be two weeks out this coming Wednesday. The first week I had no problem and was full after eatting my small 2 oz liquid meals. But a little after that week once I started to feel more healed the 2 oz just isn't filling me up anymore. I get to switch to puree on Wednesday hopefully this will help.

Carrie W.
on 5/29/11 7:43 am - KY
I felt what I thought was hunger. In reality it was gas moving around, lol. Now at 8 weeks out, I get a sort of empty sensation but that's only when I haven't had anything to eat OR drink in a while. I take it as a sign to get something to drink.

It takes a while to get used to NOT having physical hunger.
Most Active
Recent Topics