RIP Mr. Gallbladder

Rides4me
on 6/1/11 10:33 am - Atlanta, GA
Found out today that Mr. Gallbladder was not fond of my weight loss lifestyle.  So much to do before Friday's surgery.  Boy's 6th birthday tomorrow with a trip to Chuck E Cheese, but more importantly, I am expecting 50 people for his swim party on Saturday.  We shall see if the hubby can pull it all together while I direct from bedside.

Those who are still with their bile producing ally....don't ignore back pains!  It was my number one symptom.   

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
celticnurse
on 6/1/11 11:02 am - Abingdon, MD
ouch. sorry you had to have it out. mine came out w/my surgery (planned it that way) and glad it did....doc said it was full of stones!!
hope hubby does ok being Martha Stewart!
oldbooknewlook
on 6/1/11 11:37 am - Yarmouth, ME
Oh no!  I've been warned about that.  I sort of wish my surgeon would just take mine out preventatively during my RNY, but he says he doesn't do that unless an ultrasound shows that I already have gallstones, which it didn't. 
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

LORI S.
on 6/1/11 11:53 am
I had mine out a month ago. You will feel so much better. Mine was on an outpatient basis. I felt good after I had surgery. The next day felt like I wa**** by a truck. The following day I felt pretty normal. I think you will be surprised. This surgery was a piece of cake compared to the WLS. With WLS surgery I was off for 3 weeks. With Gall Bladder surgery I was off one day and that only because it was the only day my surgeon (who was the same as my WLS surgeon) performed Gall Bladder removal surgery.
twooten
on 6/1/11 11:30 pm - Loveland, CO
 i go in saturday for an ultrasound. every time i eat or drink i get this horrible pain in the middle of my chest that goes through to my back in between my shoulder blades. it lasts for a couple mins up to like 30-60 mins. and when it gets bad i get a sour  stomach feeling/taste in mouth and feels like i'm going to throw up from the pain and "pressure" in the middle of my chest/back.

they think either gallbladder or ulcer... i am hoping its the gallbladder so i can get it out and not worry about it any more
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
Most Active
Recent Topics