Workout dvd

jandjlove2010
on 6/5/11 8:20 am
Hey all,

I'm doing pretty good with excerecise, but some days I don't feel like driving down to the gym. I started looking up workout dvds. So far a lot of people seem to like Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred. What are some good workout dvds you like?

ME:Surgery 354/Goal 154/NOW 275
MOM:Surgery 315/Goal 140/NOW 247

hellyham
on 6/5/11 8:25 am - ME
I just got the new zumba collection. now i am by no means a small girl, and i can do this. It has 6 cds with a wide range of differant exercises so i never get bored.
I also use Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds.

TamaraL
on 6/5/11 8:36 am
I actually like the first biggest loser work out DVD, It has MAtt, Andrea and Susie on it.  Its a good work out that I can do without dying.  I had the second one but it wasn't as good and I gave it away.    I have the Last chance workout but was disappointed in it.

Tamara

keepitoff91
on 6/5/11 8:44 am
Jillian DVD's are pretty fast paced and pretty tough.  Even when I was thin, and worked out every  day, I'd be huffing and puffing through them.  Not fun or motivating when you are "in shape", probably miserable when you are "out of shape".  I am not trying to be a downer, just my opinion.  Do you have cable?  There is a channel "on demand" that has some workouts to watch and get a feel for which instructors/workouts you connect with. 

IowaTeacher
on 6/5/11 8:55 am
I vary between Leslie Sansone DVDs and I've done the 30 day shred, but don't care for it as it's hard on my kneees,.
Nancy

339/161/154
sw/cw/gw

nfarris79
on 6/5/11 10:32 am - Germantown, MD
 I'm more dance-oriented so the few DVDs I've done is Yoga Booty Ballet and Bellydance for Beginners. If I had some skinny chick telling me what to do and "feel the burn", my cardio would probably be throwing the TV out the window....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

chrisgraves
on 6/5/11 10:34 am - MA
I like the Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD.  There are a couple of spots that are hard on my Knees but I just modify the excerise to suit my range of motion.  If you use the service Netflix you can rent the Jillian MIcheal series before you buy. 

I love Zumba but haven't tryed any of the DVD's but if you love to dance I bet it would be great.  Unfortuantly Zumba isn't in the Netflix library.  I have used the Beach boy Hip HOp Abs with some success although I get a little tiered of the guy doing it so I pop Jillian back in.

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
deborahgalek31
on 6/5/11 11:22 am
I like

Billy Blanks Tae Bo
Biggest Loser DVD and Wii Game
Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds 5 mile
Sharon Mann
Gilad

If you have high speed internet, you can check out some of the free videos on excercisetv.tv. 
They also have some streaming excercise videos on Netflix that are pretty good.

Check your local library to see if they have any.

My sister did the Jillian Michaels video...it is difficult but worth the effort.
I love Zumba, but only classes that have current top 40 music.  The videos have the traditional Zumba music.

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
MELMEL308
on 6/5/11 2:16 pm - PA
Michael Jackson Wii and just dance Wii games are awesome! alot of fun, and you dont feel like you are exercising...
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Most Active
Recent Topics