5 weeks out, can I take amoxicillian??

Prettybrowneyezz
on 6/7/11 5:25 am - PA
I made a doctor's appt for tomorrow morning.. I think I have a sinus infection.  I am 5 weeks post op, can I take amoxicillian for my sinus infection in pill form or liquid???  Thanks for any advice!
twooten
on 6/7/11 5:37 am - Loveland, CO
 it depends on how you are doing with pills. the first time i got antibodics i had them give me liquid just to make sure i could get it down b/c my sinus infection was killing me. now i am able to do the pills. i normally will ask the doc to give me a smaller dose for longer (smaller pills) or the zpack, or i will cut the pills up
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
facethemusic
on 6/7/11 5:38 am
Yes, you can.  I had to take it at around 2 weeks out for a bladder infection.  Liquid or pill form is up to you.  If you can swallow pills with no problem then there isn't really a reason to get the liquid.  The liquid actually made me dump.  There is a lot of sugar in liquid meds. 
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

poet_kelly
on 6/7/11 5:40 am - OH
Yep.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DisneyLover
on 6/7/11 9:29 am - WI
I had a horrible sinus infection at about 6 weeks out.  I got a Zpack.  My doctor said if the pills were too hard for me that she could do liquid, but it would be gallons. :)
Then my husband's aunt who is 3 years post RNY and a pharmacist about blew a lid when I told her I took the Zpack so early out.  She was surprised my new pouch handled it OK because it is strong.
Be aware too that some pills you cannot cut or crush so make sure you ask that too.

Feel better soon!

Sarah

Most Active
Recent Topics