watermelon

Jackie M.
on 6/9/11 11:21 am - Fairhaven , MA
Hi I was just wondering if you can ea****ermelon after having rny.  I love most fruits and was curious if sooner or later you can eat them.  thanks

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 11:22 am - NY
I did soon after without any problems.
Sharyn S.
on 6/9/11 11:28 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with
I just had a huge bowl (relatively speaking). 

But, I dumped like a mack truck on it in the beginning.  I am now nearly 7 years post-op.

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

Rebecca H.
on 6/9/11 11:29 am
I had watermelon about 3 weeks after my surgery. I got the seedless of course and it was sooooo GOOD !! I love watermelon. I could eat it everyday.
Sasrah1972
on 6/9/11 11:31 am - NY
I had a small piece last week and a bit this week. Chew carefully and make sure you don't have any seeds!
Joanne M.
on 6/9/11 12:23 pm - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
So funny you asked abou****ermelon.  I was eating it fine after 6 weeks.  One day I rushed home and was so thirsty.  Should have had water instead but I started eating watermelon and fast - well, I was in the bathroom fast.  It wasn't pretty.  Eat it slowly - like everything else.

Joanne :)

_Donna_
on 6/9/11 12:26 pm
mmm watermelon and cantaloupe are my favorite snacks. been eating them since 3 weeks out.

RNY 5-5-2011

immeagain56
on 6/9/11 12:47 pm
 I recently ate a little bit of watermelon without a problem. I think the main thing is very small servings, eat slowly and chew.  My biggest problems seem to be with meat. It always makes me sick.
newtintn
on 6/9/11 1:00 pm - TN
 Watermelon is one of my fav treats now. I cant eat much of it at a time but man do i LOVE IT! The 1st time i tried was at about 4wks out i think, give or take and that 1st time i dumped BIG TIME! Thought i was gonna die and was heartbroken...a week later I tempted fate and tried it again and since then Ive had no issues at all. I have discovered something tho that helps me "go" when im backed up...drinking watermelon juice! Go figure lol...so i say try it and enjoy, watermelons so far this yr, at least in my area are SUPER ripe and sweet!

Lorrainecma
on 6/9/11 9:24 pm
Watermelon sits very well in my pouch. I think because it is mostly water. It seems that I can have more of this than other foods. I have never dumped on it, but I am not sure if dum*****t. I really dont want to find out anytime soon.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics