Its hard not to compare and some NSVs

Kimanne01
on 6/15/11 11:57 am

Ok, so I know there are many posts like this so I apologize in advance. I just need to get it out there because its taking way too much space in my brain.  I think some of this is hormone, which has been on overdrive since the surgery.  This is TMI but I have had my period 6 times in the last time 2 months since the surgery. It is getting ridiculous and the mood swings are becoming hard to handle.  I would like to say that I am HAPPY with my weight loss.  I would NEVER have lost anywhere near this amount of weight with out the surgery. I recognize that.  I also know that I am doing everything right.  I am following my plan. I am taking all my vitamins. I am drinking 85ish ounces of water a day.  I am getting in about 80ish grams of protein.  And I am exercising about 4 to 5 days a week. So I am doing what I am supposed to do and I am proud of myself for that.  So  I know that this is just the pace my body needs to get rid of the weight.  But it is so difficult not to notice every single day that someone who had surgery after me and weighed about the same weightI did has lost twice as much as I have.  It makes me doubt myself and it make me sad.  And yet I know that I am doing well and that we all lose at the right pace for us.  I also think that slow and steady is better for me emotionally..  Before the surgery I was worried that losing too fast would be emotionally overwhelming.  I just wish I could hold on to the positive thoughts rather than focusing on the negative.  I truly am trying to focus on the positive but on days like this (bad pouch days) it makes it very difficult. So I am going to try and focus on what I have achieved thus far:

This is kinda of silly but because of my size I always have to use extra large bath towels.  Well this week got busy and I didnt get around to my laundry yet. So I had to use a regular sized towel.  Well this morning i put the towel on and it COMPLETELY wrapped around me.  I started to cry...see?!?!? this stupid hormones.  I know this is silly but it just felt good. I felt normal.

Today I  finally made myself go shopping. I thought I was going to be happy wearing baggy clothes but I found myself feeling very uncomfortable and sad in baggy clothing. So I went shopping and I was able to get some shirts in the non-plus sized/woman's section *** is there a name for the non-plus sized section? LOL); So that felt really good and I was actually able to look in the mirror and like what I saw. Yay.

And I think Im finally able to see some what of a difference in my appearance. 

All good things.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Im on the right in this picture. This was a month before the surgery:

I am on the left.  This is 2 months after the surgery.

NIXMOMMIE
on 6/15/11 12:08 pm - NC
I feel you. I have lost 47lbs since surgery and 13 prior to. I can definitely see a difference, but i look at others and say damn I wish I had lost 80 lbs too. But I know it will come and I also know tht I have not everything just so. i have not been able to excercise due to a bum knee but it is coming around and i hope to start walking in a few days. you look gorgeous and keep up the good work. we have a long road ahead of us. Norma

Lisa R.
on 6/15/11 12:18 pm - CA
 WOW!  Huge difference in those 2 pictures!  Good job, very noticeable.  

I also am a little upset sometimes with my weight loss, I guess I expected to loss like 4 or 5 lbs a week and the best I can do is 3 and that is only when I work out ALOT!  It is coming off, but slowly.  Not many people notice my weight loss, or at least they are not saying it to me.  Some people do but they know I had surgery and I think they say it to make me feel good.  

I have lost 29 lbs in 6 weeks, I was hoping for 40 in 2 months, don't think that is going to happen.  I hope I can be 50 lbs down by the end of July, that would be cool!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
keepitoff91
on 6/15/11 9:09 pm
I can relate also.  I don't know why I am in such a hurry, but I think about it every day.  I don't feel like I am losing fast enough either.  It has been 8 weeks for me and I am down 33 lbs, which I consider average at best.  Can't we all just be at goal already?!  Obsessing about weight is probably a really big factor in my weight gain over the years.  I just can't allow myself to think about it anymore, so I don't, and I gain.  Grrr...

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 155 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views