10 Years Since the surgery

kdsmith
on 6/20/11 11:34 pm - TX
I received an email from Obesity Help congratulating me on my 10 year anniversary. That 10 years seems like a lifetime ago. I have lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off. I spent thousands of dollars on cosmetic surgery and it has been worth every penny. I am a successful business woman and no one would guess I had ever had a weight problem. Even my close friends are surprised when they run across pictures of me 10 years ago. They say they forgot that I was big once.

The real me was hid under the fat. I know now that I was feeding my sole to try to find ways of making myself content. I was in a rut and now know that I ate out of being so unhappy.

I have been remarried for 8 years now and can truly say that I don't know another man as good as the man I married. Honestly, he is more than I ever dreamed a man could be. I appreciate his kindness and how wonderful he treats me and I tell him so daily.

I don't get on this sight anymore because I stay too busy with my company business. I would like to sign off until next time with this thought about the surgery and being obese.

At 56 years old I can look back at the 10 years I was medically obese and say that I don't regret those years. In those 10 years I learned how it felt to be looked down on because of my weight and I weighed more than a professional football player. I remember squeezing into an airplane seat and having the guy next to me roll his eyes. I can remember being on a beach in a swim suit with my little boys and playing with them when everyone was staring at me. I can remember what it felt like when my first husband always rejected me sexually. I don't regret those years because deep inside I was a caring person. I learned how to like/love people for who they were inside not what they looked like. I believe I am the person I am today because of this unhappy period in my life. I know I would not be where I am today without the weight loss surgery. It changed my life forever.
Kim S.
on 6/21/11 12:01 am - Helena, AL
What an awesome testimony and proof you can be successful long term.  Thanks for sharing.

Kim

2tired2befat
on 6/21/11 12:40 am - Spring Hill, TN
Thank you so much for sharing.  I've been seeing so many posts about weight gain lately that this was a much needed breath of fresh air.  Thank you for telling everyone it can be done!!!

Congratulations on all the amazing changes in your life! 

silly_sandy
on 6/21/11 12:51 am - IL
Thank you for your beautiful post!  I'm so happy for you.  It's great to hear from someone that far out from surgery!

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
Holly O.
on 6/21/11 1:54 am - FL
Awesome!!  You are a living testimony........thank you for sharing!!  Best of luck in the future!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
danigirl42
on 6/21/11 3:04 am - PA
VSG on 01/02/13
Congratulations!  Thank you for posting!
princess_raspberry
on 6/21/11 4:56 am
Thank you for sharing your story.  It's very inspiring!
HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

AMRubel
on 6/21/11 2:16 pm

WoW! 10 Years and keeping off the weight, that is amazing! 
Congratulations and thank you for sharing this post. It is exciting to see someone so far out from surgery and extremely happy with their decision to have this surgery quite a long time ago.

Your post also makes me realize that people that are so far are stil successful, but maybe they are just too busy living and loving their life to get on here and post! 

Happy 10 year anniversary!

Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Most Active