My FABULOUS day Yesterday (long)

Celia S.
on 6/24/11 3:50 am - Grand Junction, CO
So I had my psych eval yesterday... you know the one I was DREADING and so nervous about? It went GREAT!!! I had already completed the pencil testing a couple of weeks ago so he already had my profile in hand and just needed to ask me a few questions.

That's how he started off... by saying he had a lot of nosy questions for me. I replied that I didn't mind and that I'm a pretty open person. He told me that my profile indicated that, too. So apparently I'm pretty self-aware as well. haha.

It was just pretty basic questions: where I grew up, how was my childhood, what kind of student was I in school, have I ever been addicted to alcohol or recreational drugs, have I ever been in trouble with the law, then we talked about my quitting smoking, about my support system at home. All in all the interview lasted about 30-45 mins. And at the end of it all, he told me that he could see I was highly motivated and didn't have any unrealistic expectations of my surgery and that he was giving me the green light to go ahead with the surgery!!!! Yay!

I also found out some more good news:
1. I lost 2 more lbs this week on my 1500 cal. diet. This brings my total lost since May 6 to 19 lbs!
2. My insurance usually only takes about 2 weeks to turn around with a decision and if they come back with a denial (which they will only do if there is information missing from my authorization packet) they give the bariatric clinic a chance to cancel the request and then resubmit once they have everything the insurance needs for approval instead of having to go through a lengthy appeal process.
3. After hearing from one person that I would have to do a pre-op liquid diet, I spoke to them again yesterday and a different person told me because I was already on a low-cal diet, I would NOT have to do the pre-op liquid diet! Yay! The only stipulations that come with that allowance is that they will weigh me at my pre-op appointment and then again the day before surgery. If I GAIN weight between that time they will cancel my surgery. I'm not worried about that, I've already abandoned the "last supper" idea and have already planned to continue the 1500 cal diet up to the day of surgery.

So sorry this is so long, but I had a wonderful day yesterday and I wanted to share all of the reasons why. Hope you all have a great one and thanks for reading!

IowaTeacher
on 6/24/11 4:01 am
That's just awesome! Sounds like you're well on your way to success with this surgery and the work that comes afterward.
Nancy

339/161/154
sw/cw/gw

Sillycar
on 6/24/11 4:01 am
Sounds good! Looks like you will have a date in no time!

Celia S.
on 6/24/11 4:31 am - Grand Junction, CO
All I have left on my checklist is my pulmonology consult and possible sleep study and my nutrition consult. Then I have to pay down my hospital balance which I can do about the time I should be getting an approval (around August 19-20) and they told me I would be in the OR about a week or 2 after approval! :)

Looking like last week of Aug or first week of Sept. sometime! Eeek! I'm so excited :)

Most Active
Recent Topics