Passed out!

AMRubel
on 6/25/11 10:36 am

Hi Everyone!

I had surgery on 2/21. Today, I went to get my haircut (thanks to everyone for their advicee to my other post yesterday...I did it and will post a pic ASAP) and afterwards I stood up and felt VERY dizzy. I sat down, and the next thing you know I was laying on the ground and the paramedics were there... Yes, I did cut my hair short, but it wasn't so shocking that it would have caused me to pass out...

When I had my lab work done at three months, my Iron was at a 10...and my surgeon said that if I continued taking my Iron that my levels would catch up. However, I am really starting to wonder if I am anemic.

I have a few symptoms...

1) Tingling finger tips
2) Insomnia
3) Tired
4) headaches
5) DIZZY
6) Heavy Periods, which I am currently on. (TMI - this period has been extremely heavy)

Would you recommend calling my surgeon or calling my PCP? Should I go to prompt care, ER or can I wait until Monday... I didn't go to the hospital after being checked out by the paramedics - my blood pressure and Blood Sugar was fine.

I am nervous that this is going to happen again...it certainly caused a lot of commotion at the salon...not to mention scaring the bajeebees out of my 2 and 3 year old that were with me.

(Although the Salon was wonderful and gave my girls manicures as the Paramedics checked me out).

Thanks so much for the advice!

Adrienne

Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/25/11 10:56 am
I have anemia. I have had those symptoms except  for number 1& 2.
My cylce has been heavy since the age of 15. Usually heavy the forst 2 days then its a medium flow.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

mdolan20
on 6/25/11 11:11 am - Brick, NJ
I had anemia due to heavy periods for a period while off the BCP...My gyn checked my blood and gave me an iron script...this was pre surgery....
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

amberd910
on 6/25/11 11:20 am - CT
I get dizzy/light headed when I am
Hungry. Do you think it could have been that?
AMRubel
on 6/25/11 11:27 am
It very well could have been, as I left the house without eating. But I would have thought that my sugar would have been low... :(

I was also concerned it might be dehydration as I REALLY struggle to get my fluids in...
Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Dave Chambers
on 6/25/11 11:55 am - Mira Loma, CA

Dehdration would be my first guess. It's summer time, and hydration is even more important.  My wife got a Rival snowcone maker to help her with fluids.  Uses refrigerator ice cubes, and add SF flavors and eat with a spoon. Her fav is SF cola and SF cherry at the same time--tastes like a cherry coke.

You need to make sure you take iron. You'll need extra iron when on your cycle due to heavy flows after surgery.  BP issues were my issue. I too had severe dizzy spells and passed out multiple times .  I have a bp reader at home, and I saw no issues, but thought I'd stll see my PCP for a solution. Several tests later, I got a referral to a cardio doc.  One more Holter Monitor test (my 3rd) and an issue was noted.  Not every bp issue can be seen by a bp reading or two.  I had short periods of high bp and would return to my relatively low bp. BUT, every once in a while, my bp would dip below that normal low, and that's when the cardio doc said I had severe dizzy spells or passed out. Solution was a pacemaker implant 4 days later. No more dizzy issues or passing out since the implant, over 3 years ago now. I'd consult your PCP to keep an eye on the issue. Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

sudemo09
on 6/25/11 12:03 pm - Dover, NH
Tingling in the fingers can be a vit B deficiency.  I forget which B vitamin, but I know it is one of them.

B vitamin deficiencies can cause neurological issues as well.

You need to call your surgeon or your PCP on Monday, to at least fill them in one what happened, but I would also request that they do a full workup of your vitamin levels. 

Most Active
Recent Topics