I'm getting so impatient!!!

Celia S.
on 6/26/11 10:21 am - Grand Junction, CO
I am seriously cruising right along with my journey. I first talked to my PCP in April, attended WLS seminar May 10 and as of right now all I have to do is finish physician supervised diet, do pulmonology consult on Wed (6/29) and my NUT consult on July 11. I'm sure I'll have to do a sleep study as well, but I won't have a date for that until after Wednesday. Either way, I'm already so close to a surgery date. If all continues to go smoothly, I'll be in the OR in the last week of August or first week of September.

But I'm getting so impatient!!! Ugh! I wish I were having my surgery right now, tomorrow, sometime this week, etc. I've always been like this but it's driving me nuts! LOL

Any tips on how I can fight this restlessness and impatience???

Reesheda H.
on 6/26/11 10:36 am - Jackson, MS
Just jumped through the hoops it is so worth it I had a long process also but hey bottom line is Do whatever it takes to get your Surgery Done.

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/26/11 10:42 am
I too am hoping for surgery August(so I was told) and an approval mid July. I am currently jumping through hoops and far as the hpylori test. Well, that's not to far away. my retest is july 5th.

anyhoo, keep moving forward and have a blessed journey. Hope you get your approval soon.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

HeatherLane
on 6/26/11 12:32 pm
 Oh my goodness I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY !! I have ALL these test I have to do and im doing them ! But god its taking forever !! lol
Does this font make me look fat ? 
 Check out my blog ! http://asmallerass.blogspot.com/

zacmom
on 6/26/11 1:49 pm
I know how you feel. Thought things where sailing along for me, was givien the impression I could have surgery the begining of July and now all my appointments are done and I dont even mweet with the surgeon for a follow up and date till July 18th!!! I;m so aggrivated!!!!  I ran around did all my appointments in 2 weeks so I could get back in for my follow up. Now the weighting is killing me. I even started giving up bad foods so I would lose the 10lbs before I go back. I feel like I'm in the waiting room from hell.
I'm sure we both will make it, wish I had some good words of advice for you.
Pam
immafatgirl
on 6/26/11 2:01 pm - KY
every month after my 6 month dr weight loss appt i thought i was getting my surgery the next month . then they would schedule a test and my follow up would be like a month later . well 16 months later . my insurance is being submitted.. i have been waiting so long that i had almost just gave up on it . ur time will come and then we will just be nervous.. just be patient . we are farther along then we started . but believe me when i say . i totally understand where you are coming from. i would just like to get outside and walk before the weather gets cold. hopefully i will be hearing from them soon. u r not alone.
Celia S.
on 6/26/11 3:10 pm - Grand Junction, CO
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I know I'm not alone in this by any means and I'm probably getting through all this pre-op crap a lot faster than others. It makes me feel stupid for even getting as impatient as I am because starting this process in April and having surgery early September isn't too shabby!

But it's really good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Best of luck to all of you. Hope your time flies by and that we're all on the loser's bench soon! I can't wait! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics