I need som clarificaiton about the eating schedule...

Jenners
on 6/27/11 5:56 am - Indianapolis, IN
So my doctor's office told us to eat 3 very separte meals a day with drinking protein drinks in-between those meals.  Well, we also have to get in water....so I'm a little confused about how all this works out.  Can anyone shed some light on this? 
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
Lisa R.
on 6/27/11 6:10 am - CA
 You can drink water up to 5 mins before a meal and 30 minutes after.  With protein shakes you do not have to wait to drink before or after you consume them.  There are several hours between each meal to get in 20 ounces each time.  If you get 20 ounces in 3 times a day between meals you will get all your liquid in.  It works.  You just have to make sure to have a water bottle with you at all times.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
nancybugg
on 6/27/11 6:13 am - Riverview, FL
Everyone's surgeon's rules are different.  Mine sounds like yours.  This is what I did right after surgery:

8am Breakfast
8:45 I start drinking and drink right until lunch time
11am Protein Drink
1pm Lunch
1:45 Pack to drinking
4pm Protein Drink
6:30 or 7 - Dinner

I don't have as many protein drinks now that I'm 10 months out, but this is what I did at the beginning.  My dietician wanted us to have 5 hours between meals, so I would have a protein shake at about 2 1/2 hours after breakfast and lunch.  Basically this helps to break your snacking habit.  I'm always drinking.  My office has a rule of not drinking for 30 minutes after eating.  I know other offices have different rules about that.  I hope this helps you!
Nancy

Most Active