chicken....eating too fast or not chewing enough?

melissa22886
on 6/28/11 11:27 am
so yesterday for lunch i got a salsa chicken flatbread next door to work - of course i only eat the inside. sometimes i forget to chew enough and eat too fast and i will get a quick full feeling. normally it goes away in 2-3 minutes. yesterday i don't know what happened but i felt terrible. i had to throw up at work 3x to feel better. i wasn't throwing up food it was just mucus/liquid? i don't know what that is or what causes that. same thing hapened tonight when i ate some chicken soup. had chicken soup last night with no problems but i only had a little bit....am i eating too much or just not chewing enough?

Ms_V
on 6/28/11 11:31 am
That sounds like the foamies to me.......I am really good for forgetting to chew........I think I should only be on babyfood for 6 inths lol.
_Donna_
on 6/28/11 11:33 am
I have a hard time with chicken sometimes too.
Be sure you are putting your fork down between bites. Eat with no distractions while you pay attention to how well you are chewing. I know it's easier said than done sometimes.

RNY 5-5-2011

avidreader
on 6/28/11 11:57 am - Cary, NC
I can eat any type of meat BUT the first time I got the foamies (I have had them about 3 times in over 3 years) it involved the Outback, chicken, eating too fast, not chewing well enough and the chicken being too dry.  VERY BAD COMBINATION OF EATING!!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
newtintn
on 6/28/11 11:57 am - TN
 Chicken i**** and miss with me. I usually make a big batch of chicken fajitas with onions nd bell peppers and a packet of fajita mix and it turns out really juicey ...i divide it into baggies and nuke them as I wnt them...those i eat just fine. But if I go out somewhere nad buy chicken it usually makes me sick. Ive tried the inside of one of those cool wraps from Chik fil A, ive had KFC grilled chicken ...both make me sick. However i have had the inside of a chicken finger, no breading...and those work just fine. 

Amy T.
on 6/28/11 2:57 pm - CA
The same thing happened to me today too.  I was eating chicken breast and haven't had any problems with it,  but my mom called and I was talking to her on the phone.   While talking to her, I realized I ate my chicken too fast.  I felt HORRIBLE for about 2 hours.  Pain,  and felt like I had to throw up, but couldn't  just kept spitting out saliva for about 10 minutes.  Taught me a lesson.  I will be more cautious of what I am doing while I am eating..... I need to concentrate on the speed in which I eat when Im not paying attention.

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

pam17
on 6/28/11 3:23 pm - AZ
I went 4 weeks without qny issues and then eating chicken the same thing and it happened again with chicken. I think that sometimes we just start eating like we used to and forget to pace ourselves. I also attribute mine to eating in public I am nervous eating in public!!

melissa22886
on 6/28/11 9:36 pm
same thing for me starting spitting out saliva and then i ended up getting sick, and all that came up was fluid/mucus. i definitely need to concentrate on the pace that i eat

M U.
on 6/28/11 7:50 pm
Yep, chicken seems to be a "foamies" culprit with a lot of us. I couldn't eat it without pain and/or foamies for a good 6 months post-op. I'm fine with it now, but like all dense protein, it does fill me up pretty quickly still and I do have to be careful about chewing. But nothing like those first 6-7 months. Eeek, I wondered if I'd ever be able to eat it again for a while there.
googlybear
on 6/29/11 3:15 pm - farmington, NM
I was told by my surgery center that chicken should be cut into pea size bites and not chewed alot. The chicken expands when chewed a lot, causing the foaming which is our body trying to digest it. I have actually heard a popping sound when trying to get chicken back up so I eat it very carefully now and it must be moist. Sorry you were miserable and hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics