crazy side effect is getting annoying!!-its ok to laugh!

beccar
on 6/30/11 3:17 am
I know this is crazy, and yes, funny too... at first it even made me laugh!  Since the surgery it seems I have developed an odd nerve connection between my stomach and my nose...  when I get nauseous I feel like I need to sneeze!!!  Recently I found out I am pregnant... again (grrrr!)... and I have been having an insane amount of morning sickness.  That odd connection between my stomach and nose has me sneezing all day long!  I work at a bank and try to hide in my office when I am not feeling well because my boss (who is sooo sweet!) tells me to just "take the rest of the day off, it will only last another few weeks."  It's impossible to hide with my tell-tale sneeze!  What causes this?  I never had sneezing associated with nausea before the surgery!  Has anyone else had this odd side effect?

Pholaris
on 6/30/11 3:29 am
I don't sneeze but I do get a runny nose. I wish I knew why, but it can be both funny and annoying. Would be interested in hearing theories as to why our nose is affected by what happens with our pouch.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
scherrie50
on 6/30/11 3:40 am
I don't know if anyone else has this side effect but I no longer have the sensation to urinate. And my girlfriend whose 3 years out has urinary incontinence now. Anybody else?
MemaBarbara54
on 6/30/11 4:01 am - Grifton, NC

I am 8 months out. I don't sneeze either, but get the runny nose and produce excessive saliva which makes me more nauseated leading to vomiting. 
Do you have any other issues with eating? 

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 9:38 am - Santa Cruz, CA
The runny nose might be your "full signal";  does it happen when you've eaten?  That is mine.  It's a good thing to know so I don't overeat and have to suffer from one bite too many.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 208 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views