lord have mercy

bunnicash
on 6/30/11 5:24 am - Sedalia, MO
Ok so I am 3 months out and when I began losing weight right after surgery I was going through clothes like crazy...spending lots of money only to have it all not fit in a couple weeks. So I have since then ventured out to my local thrift shop where they have clothes for $1 and $2... Alot easier on the wallet. Well I went in there today bc my family is having a fourth of July celebration and none of my jeans/shorts fit. So I was looking around and of course they had nothing in my size...But they did have some jeans and jean shorts that were two sizes smaller than what I wear. And they were really nice so I figured what the heck for a $1 I will get them and put them up...cuz its only a matter of time before I can wear them.  Finally got back home and was getting ready to hang them up in the closet and thought I wonder how far I am from wearing these...tried them on and to my disbelief they FIT!!  I was like omg... they actually fit! SO this made my day! I am so happy! And on the plus side one more pant size I lose and I will no longer have to shop in the PLUS SIZE section!! Hallelujah!!!!!
kriskj
on 6/30/11 5:29 am - Canada
Thats awesome...... congrats!!
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
azreggie
on 6/30/11 5:30 am, edited 6/30/11 5:31 am - Tucson, AZ
I shopped thrift stores too. Then, when I got near my sisters size I asked her if I could borrow some clothes for a little while and I would give them beck. She looked at me kind of funny, but I was out of those in a couple of weeks. She was shocked to my complete delight. Some non scale victories are just so sweet. Congrats on getting out of the Plus sizes!

Reggie

lynnc99
on 6/30/11 5:59 am
Great moment! Congratulations!
Weighting2Bskinny
on 6/30/11 6:29 am
WoW! Thats so cool! I am so happy for you!!! Cant WAIT till I can say the same thing!

GOD BLESS YOU            
bunnicash
on 6/30/11 6:31 am - Sedalia, MO
thanks everyone... I truely am so happy :)
Stephanie M.
on 6/30/11 6:45 am - Los Angeles, CA
 That is sooo wonderful!! Congrats! 

Carebearny1999
on 6/30/11 7:18 am - Rochester, NY
woohoo! I can't wait until the same happens to me! (although plastics may have to come first--dang skin....)
Holly O.
on 6/30/11 7:39 am - FL
Awesome!!  I love these kinds of surprises!!!
   Holly                                      
GastricKitty
on 6/30/11 9:52 am - VA
That must be an amazing feeling. Good for you girl! I'm happy for you! 

I can't wait until I start losing sizes. I'm 11 days post op. My pants are already getting baggy and I can tell that it won't be too long before they won't stay up. Luckily, I have a lot of nice skirts with elastic waists that I can safety pin for a while. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 477 views