I fit in a booth!!

Prettybrowneyezz
on 7/1/11 1:56 am - PA
Wow!  I am 8 weeks post-op and last night the boyfriend treated me to Longhorn steak house so I could try some steak.  I usually ask to sit at a table so I have plenty of room and not be stuffed into a booth.  I am down 78 lbs and I thought I would try a booth.  It almost brought a tear to my eye.  I fit in a booth and had room to spare!!   Oh, the steak was quite tasty and I have lots of leftovers!    My boyfriend didn't quite understand what it meant that I could fit in a booth.  He's never been that much overweight.  I had to share.. 
Tracy M.
on 7/1/11 2:03 am - KY
I experienced this a few weeks ago too and was shocked..lol I also tried on some smaller clothes last night that I could actually fit into. They are tight but I got them on and they were a 3x. I was in a 6x when I started all of this back in November.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Holly O.
on 7/1/11 2:06 am - FL
That is so awesome!  I understand that coment completely!!  It makes you feel kind of "normal", huh??  LOL Wonderful, truly!!  How did the steak go down....8 weeks after surgery?  I am planning a 1 week trip to Key West the 2nd week in Aug. I will be 7 weeks out......planning on some lovely seafood..............my favorite!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
Heyjaysnana
on 7/1/11 2:59 am - PA
Congrats that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
virvin
on 7/1/11 4:17 am - CO

AWESOME!!!  I can totally relate because when I go to dinner with friends/family, I always try to get inside first so I can ask for a table.  I haven't sat in a booth in years.  I am only 8 days post-op so I think I still have months to go, but it is good to know that the day is coming!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

curious3069
on 7/1/11 4:22 am - Newton, IL
Fantastic!!!!!     It's such a small thing, but until you've not fit into something, people just don't understand how exciting this is!     I'm still excited that I fit into the chairs in my PCP's waiting room!

KSKVA11
on 7/1/11 4:26 am - Manassas, VA
LOL!  Yeah the booth issue is a wonderfull biggy.  I have a question for all of you.  What body part thrilled you the most when you realized it was smaller?  ;-)~  For me, it was my earlobes.  I am never out without earrings.
Nee000
on 7/1/11 4:55 am - MI
Congrats!  That's a wonderful milestone!  I havent eaten at a restaurant yet, but I'm looking forward to not having to ask for a table just so my chest won't sit on the table in a booth.
azreggie
on 7/1/11 5:30 am - Tucson, AZ
I am still amazed and grateful every time I "slide" into a booth.  Congrats!

Reggie

YankeeRose
on 7/1/11 7:20 am - Meadville, PA
Congrats that is awesome! I also have fitting into a booth as a goal. I haven't been able to sit in a booth in years. It IS a big deal. I am so happy for you!!!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics