For those of you that are at goal!

ohlordyp
on 7/2/11 4:08 am - AZ
I was wanting to know if everyone has to have tummy tucks after you get to goal. I am 44 and weigh 352 pound and hoping my insurance will pay for the surgery. Then wondering about the excess skin once at goal weight.

Thanks,
Ohlordyp
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/11 5:25 am - OH
No, not everyone has plastic surgery.  It depends on how much extra skin you have and how elastic your skin is (which decliens with age and is largely based on heredity).... adn whther or not you can afford to pay for it if it is not covered by insurance.  Generally, younger people who were not as heavy need plastic surgery less often.  Older people who were VERY heavy, and were heavy for many years need it most frequently.

Also, there is a difference between a tummy tuck (which involves tightening the abdominal muscle) and just removal of excess skin.  Many people have the skin removed (often covered by insurance if there is enough skin and it is causing problems) but do not have the muscle tightened (much more expensive and rarely covered by insurance unless you also need a hernia repaired).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

bskarenf
on 7/2/11 12:01 pm
My starting weight at my 6 months pre op diet I was 368lbs and Im 5 7.  at day of surgery  my weight was 315lbs.  Im below goal at 156lbs I  didnt do a good job at eating my protein because all I cared about was losing my weight and not failing.  I  do not plan to get  any surgery,  my stomach doesnt  bother  me at all , my arms  cause me to wear 3/4 sleeve, but I dont care Im so happy.  Im turning 48  this month   so I guess  its just not an issue with me.  Ive lost 210 lbs 

sassy_bbw_4_u
on 7/2/11 12:58 pm
Might  I say you look great. Hope I do as well.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics