Walden Farms

aprillynn04
on 7/4/11 6:14 am - OH
I just found this brand called Walden Farms that claims to have sugar-free, fat-free, calorie-free condiments. They have peanut "spread", syrups, ketchup, dressings, BBQ sauce, etc. Has anyone tried these and are they too good to be true?

julieadam1997
on 7/4/11 6:35 am - KS
For the most part they are pretty good.  I have only used the dressings.  Caesar is my favorite but the Sesame Ginger is too.  Makes for great marinade on fish and chicken.

Jane N.
on 7/4/11 6:41 am, edited 7/3/11 6:42 pm - Round Rock, TX
Some people love them, but I find them VILE and if you read the label it's all chemicals. I stick to natural products (no sugars, hard oils like palm oil, etc...) and am very happy with those. The calories are marginal as a condiment anyway.

Ladytazz
on 7/4/11 6:47 am
 I've tried several of them and they all taste like, well, ass.  I really wish I could have used the salad dressing but it was inedible.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cheryl Allan
on 7/4/11 7:11 am - Canada
I have tried the syrups and the jam and I like them it depends on your taste I guess, no calories means chemicals of course but sometimes we need a lil flavour
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 8:51 am - CA
 Technically  they have zero calories but IRL they are allowed to contain < 5 per serving.

I have tried allot of their products, and for what it is I think some of them are very good. I'm using the salad dressings  now  during the first year, but at maintenance I plan to re-tweak things, and I may even start now with some old dressings I used to use.

I like the new Chipotle Ranch, the bleu cheese, thousand island, bacon, honey dijon, caesar dressings.

The honey BBQ sauce is good too as is the thick and spicy BBQ  sauce. The caramel sauce tastes like butter scotch, the chocolate syrups are decent, and the pancake syrup is very good. Stay away from the PB spread. The strawberry syrup tastes kinda like cough syrup. The raspberry spread is good on toast.  I count the sodium content in my plan.

list of ingriedients for the Chipotle Ranch are :

Triple filtered purified water
white vinegar
apple cider vinegar
tomato paste
salt
minced garlic
chopped onion
chipotle
chipotle flavoring
cellulose gel ( vegetable thickener)
xanthan gum ( vegetable thickener)
chili powder
cumin
spices
sucralose (splenda)
lemon
food color ( made from fruits or vegetables)
natural spices & flavorings
cayenne pepper
white pepper
potassium sorbate ( to preserve freshness)

The potassium sorbate isn't good at all, but lot's of people use products like SF Jello pudding mixes and cereals with questionable sweeteners. They could change the preservative to a better one for sure.. I'm just using them temporarily because with this confusing RNY nutrition puzzle I'm trying to figure out it saves me plenty of calories and I would rather have a nice salad with more wild salmon and  Cotjia cheese then dressing... Plus i'M poisoned all ready :)

M M
on 7/4/11 9:07 am
The salad dressings are okay -- best when mixed in.  The other stuff is... well... bleh.
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 9:12 am - CA
 "Pouchworthy"  :)
M M
on 7/4/11 9:15 am
 No, not at all.

LOL.

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 9:35 am - CA
  Well! that's the last time I'm gonna listen to you then.
Most Active
Recent Topics