Vegetable Juice

kevinj
on 7/5/11 9:59 am - NY
I do not eat nearly enough vegetables. Does anyone use V8 or comparible juice? It seems high in sugar per serving?

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/11 10:42 am - CA
  I heard there's a low sodium V-8. I don't use it myself, so don't know what's in it, but some vegetables have more complex carbohydrates than others so that might be why.... ?

I would just get a jack la lane type juicer and make my own, so you can choose what veggies you want in your juice. That's what I did years ago, I found one at a thrift store and it worked perfect; it was the spinning basket type which allot of people say won't juice leafy greens, but they do. Then will point out the nutrition suffers from a little heat, but I think it's a  very good way to start to get your servings in each day. 
 Walmart and Target sell those cheap. Later, once I decided I liked juicing, I invested in an Omega. 
YankeeRose
on 7/5/11 10:47 am - Meadville, PA
I drink V8 juice and I love it and it does not bother me.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Amy T.
on 7/5/11 11:08 am - CA
I drink the low sodium V8 and love it.  My NUT recommended it.   I put a little hot sauce in mine too.  Love love love it!

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Dee2011
on 7/5/11 11:16 am - PA
I drink Low sodium V8 juice.  You can buy large bottles of it at the grocery store, but I buy a case of individual cans at Sam's Club.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/11 11:27 am - OH
I drink V8 regularly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

GastricKitty
on 7/5/11 11:36 am - VA
 I mix low sodium V8 with cayenne and unflavored protein powder for a spicy, creamy tomato soup flavor. Yum. :)