Beginning Month 3!!!

Celia S.
on 7/8/11 5:38 am - Grand Junction, CO
So today marks the start of month 3 of my medically supervised diet! When I started this, it seemed like 3 months would take forever, but here I am starting my third month and it will be over before I know it!

I'm doing really well with this diet, too, which I am even more proud of. Of course, I have had my days where it felt like I was STARVING and I wanted to eat everything in sight. So far today is one of those days. I have cravings for candy and other sweets and I am often too weak to say no. I have cut out a LOT of the sweets I used to eat and can say no a lot more than I used to as well. I am also successfully changing the way I eat on a regular basis. Watching carbs, consuming less fat, baking grilling and broiling instead of frying....

The best thing that has come of this is I have lost 24 lbs since May 6th! AND since I am already in active weight loss, my surgeon is NOT going to make me do a pre-op liquid diet! Because of that, it is possible that I can be in surgery within days of getting approval from my insurance!

I'm so excited for my surgery I can hardly stand it. 2 more months at most! EEK!

lynnc99
on 7/8/11 5:43 am
You are absolutely inspiring!

And because you've cut the sugar and carbs now - you will have a much easier transition to life post op. Just remember that the cravings can return, and for those of us who consider ourselves to be food addicts the addiction goes into remission but never goes away. This is a lifetime commitment to ourselves, to health, to living well!

Terrific job!
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 6:07 am - Boston, MA
 You should be so proud of yourself! great job!!
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 7/8/11 9:32 am
Kudos to you. Yes, the 6 month supervised goes pretty fast. i can honestly say that I am glad that I had 6 months to prepare. I have been learning and writing doing alot of information in my rny spiral notebook.

I have tabbed sections with vitamins,stricture,time chart and etc. I've been reading from several sites,books and watching video of other's post op. This is like going back to school and studing for a mid term.

Keep up the good work.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Kenyatta W.
on 7/8/11 10:21 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13
CONGRATS!!!

IT DOES GO BY FAST!!! I'LL BE DONE IN AUGUST. KEEP UP THE THE GOOD WORK!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Celia S.
on 7/8/11 6:36 pm - Grand Junction, CO
It wasn't very clear, but my supervised diet is only for 3 months. It still seemed like forever, but it has gone by so fast. Just have to make it through the rest of this month!!! :D
Most Active
Recent Topics