It feels like christmas eve!

apple1975
on 7/9/11 10:00 pm
I can't believe that my surgery is the 18th!!! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to receive this gift, this second chance to live a healthier life.  I am so thankful that I found this website! Everyone is so helpful to each other. The only probably is that it is addictive. haha I am spending way too much time on here. I have to pull myself away to get anything done.:)
I look forward to learning much more and making some new friends. Everyone have a blessed day!
Jacobsmama08
on 7/9/11 11:51 pm - Morgan Hill, CA
I know exactly what you mean, about the addiction, I would sit here, the weeks before my surgery and get totally sucked in, next thing I knew it was 2 in the morning. I was constantly reading the forums, taking notes, what's good, what tastes like crap, recipes, odds and ends... looking up people who were/are the same size as me, height / weight, trying to get an idea of how fast to expect the weight to come off. Turns out, can't really predict that. Everyone's experience is so different. So, my advice, do your 'things' first, then sit down and jump in, that way you wont have to 'pull yourself away!' or feel guilty about it... LOL . Congrats, the 18th will be here before you know it! Just wanted to add, too, this forum has made me realize how lucky I am, not having too many issues, besides the initial pain, which I learned was TOTALLY normal... I have had no issues eating or getting down the protein, no ER runs... Some people are stuck on liquids for weeks or months, even, I had none of that... So, I remember every day, YAY! I'm doing alright!! OK! On that note, Good Luck!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

mdolan20
on 7/11/11 9:36 am - Brick, NJ
I know! I feel like I've replaced my eating time with being on here lol...good luck!!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 421 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 432 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 270 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 332 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?