Had Surgery on 7/6/11 and amazed!!!!

Charb35
on 7/9/11 6:18 am - OH
I am so excited and proud of myself, I had surgery on 7/6/11. And they thought it would be difficult because of my weight, but my doctor was amazed and happy that it took half the time and I stayed in the hospital only 2 days. I have to say the only pain that I am experiencing is in my back and thats from being on that small table during surgery. OUCH!!! But I have to be honest that is the only pain and sometimes I might get a little ache in my belly but thats it. I am doing everything that i need to do. It just hard to get in all the liquids. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  OH! And for the first time, I can say I'm not hungry, or I'm full. 
LBinSC0712
on 7/9/11 6:24 am
Sip sip sip!  And don't stress over not getting it all in.  In the first days, its very hard to get anything in, so concentrate on liquids to stay hydrated.

Congrats on the surgery!

Lammy
on 7/9/11 6:56 am - North Providence, RI
My surgery was 7/5. I am lucky enough to say I am getting 128oz of liquid a day in. No nausea no backups and no problems with protein. I am so happy it's beyond words

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/9/11 7:27 am
VSG on 02/08/16
Are you doing just the whey protein?  And how much are they suggesting you need in a day.  I have done the program through fallon...which they recommended I believe 80-90 grams of protein a day and Ive heard that UMASS only requires about 45.  That seemed low after having the higher number in my head for so long.

I am on the path toward getting surgery, trying to get under a certain number first, I just want to make sure I can do this and not mess it up. :)

Its nice to hear that so many people are coming through with no problems!!!  Congrats to you both on your recent surgery! :)

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

Lammy
on 7/9/11 10:49 am - North Providence, RI
Yup. Getting 90 a day from 2 drinks and lots of water. And lots of walks. The walks feel so good. Loosens up the gas from surgery and is good for as well. Overall. S far, knock on wood, this is going very smooth

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

thinkingthin2011
on 7/9/11 7:39 am - RI
Same here, all has been going very well and on schedule. I was even able to sleep in my own bed on my side the first night home with pillows under my belly. Just sip throughout the day and you will get it in. Good luck!

RNY date 6/28/11
Charb35
on 7/10/11 11:23 pm - OH
Thank you to everyone, and congratulations Lammie! I am so proud of you and as far as the protein. My doctor starts off at 40 grams and works up to 65-75 grams of protein a day. So by my 10th day I should be taking in 65/75 grams of protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics