GNC protein help

Reesheda H.
on 7/14/11 12:43 am - Jackson, MS
Going to GNC today to buy some protein powder.  I want something Banana or Vanilla.  Any ideas what do you get from them.

syarbroG-5
on 7/14/11 1:01 am
Hey Ms Resheeda,  I am from Raymond. Let me know what you find. I could more than likely go to the same store you go to.              Sharon

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reesheda H.
on 7/14/11 1:05 am - Jackson, MS
I wil but from the looks of it no one on this site shops at GNC. LOL How are you doing post surgery?

syarbroG-5
on 7/14/11 1:21 am
I'm doing good. Down 20 lbs post surgery. 10 lbs pre.  Haven't weighed this week yet!  But I am so annoyed with this pureed stage. About to run out of the Unjury protein powder. Need a local alternative. I do have some Jay Rob that I purchased at Kroger when I was dieting a while back. It's not bad either. Let me know what you find out at GNC.    Thanks

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie W.
on 7/14/11 1:07 am - KY
I got the Whey Protein 28 last time I was there. I got the cookies and cream flavor. I do not recommend it, lol. It was fine the first few times but now I can't stand the stuff. I think it does come in vanilla. I mix 1.5 scoops of it with a half cup of milk for 46g of protein and 260cal.

Do post please on what you end up with?
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 1:22 am - FL
I shop a lot at GNC and Vitamin World.  I also purchase some of the ready to go proteins from Pure Protein and Isopure.  The powders are good, but a little pricey (around $32 for a large container).  Keep in mind that you want 5 or less net carbs and your body can't absorb more than about 40g of protein at any one time.  I recommend Vanilla since you can always put your fruit into it for more of a smoothy flavor.  I find all of them have a bit of an after taste.  The Isopure drinks (40g types) are a lot like gatoraide, but without the sugar and carbs.  I hope that helps.
Amy T.
on 7/14/11 1:35 am - CA
 I get the GNC Total Lean shakes and love them.  They are thin,  not thick at all.  
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Amy T.
on 7/14/11 1:40 am, edited 7/14/11 1:41 am - CA
Here is a link, I get the Total Lean 25..... it has 25 grams of protein per serving. The regular Total Lean only has 9.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4447508&cp=3703232
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Mary B.
on 7/14/11 2:05 am - Southern, MD
From GNC? Isopure. Its expensive, but good. The one pound bag is a good place to start to see if you like it. It does come in Vanilla.

The powder, not the fruit punch drinks, I personally dont like those, but alot of folks do. I'd like to try one of the smoothies though.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

jhxyooj1
on 7/14/11 4:37 am
 I ran out of protein and went to GNC to get some. The sales person there recommended GNC Pro Performance Amplified Wheybolic 60. I got the Chocolate flavor. Each scoop provides 20g of protein. I mixed mine with Skim milk and it tastes just like chocolate milk. It tasted good. I think next time I might add more milk so it won't be so thick.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 203 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 221 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 203 views