Day 2 Post Op

KarenCee
on 7/14/11 4:07 am - GA
and I'm feeling human again.  The surgeon found a hernia that he said was pretty huge so he took care of that.  My gall bladder looked good so he left it.  I am waiting to pee (still at the hospital) so I can get this IV out and go home.  It's been an experience.  I think the thing that helped me begin to feel better - other than the pain pump! - was just changing into some comfy pjs and washing my face.  I'm walking a lot and it hurts but this is only temporary.  The neatest thing...my surgeon brought me a stuffed bear late yesterday, a get well bear, while he made his rounds.  He does this for his patients and I have to admit, I didn't feel much like smiling but that bear brought a huge smile to my face.  He's a great doctor and for my husband to say that too is saying something!
Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.  —David Haselkorn

shannon0731
on 7/14/11 4:33 am - LA
That is  awesome! You sound like you are doing good. What a sweet doctor. My surgery was last Tuesday. Went I went for my post op, I saw the nurse practitioner. but my doc called me today to make sure all was OK!!

We are both on our way to being healthier!!

Shannon
I'm Ready!

Jenny_D
on 7/14/11 4:51 am - Canton, GA
What an awesome doctor. So nice to hear of a surgeon seeing you as a person and not a "case".

Glad you are feeling well! Now the fun starts...welcome to the loser's bench!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

bancher
on 7/14/11 5:42 am - MA
 YAY!  so glad you are feeling human, karen.  that gives me hope!  and, it's good to hear tips from new post-ops for when it's my turn.

keep up the great work, hon.
jenny
height 4' 11"   highest BMI 37  highest weight   207           curing my diabetes... priceless

bancher
on 7/14/11 5:57 am - MA
 oh, and your doctor... what a sweetheart!
jenny
height 4' 11"   highest BMI 37  highest weight   207           curing my diabetes... priceless

Lisa R.
on 7/14/11 7:16 am - CA
Aw, Karen, it is good to hear you are doing well.  What a sweet doctor!  Keep doing well and get home soon, it is always better to be home and be more comfortable.  Thanks for checking in with us and letting us all know you are doing well! 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
dice43a
on 7/14/11 10:52 am - OH
dice43a
on 7/14/11 10:53 am - OH
 Glad you are doing well Karen.  My surgery is next wednesday and i hope im doing as well as you.

" If life is a bowl of cherries then, what am i doing in the pits?"   "Erma Bombeck"           
GrandmaSusan
on 7/14/11 10:58 am - ME
Yeah Karen!!!!  I am planning to bring my laptop to the hospital.  They have free WiFi.  What a nice guy, your doc!  Glad to hear you are feeling better.  I am bringing comfy pjs, my pillow and a few other things that others here have recommended.  Keep us "posted" on your progress.  Arms around, Susan
My Name is Susan & I'm a Happy Loser!!

Most Active
Recent Topics