New to boards

dice43a
on 7/14/11 11:29 am - OH
Hello every one my name is Tracy and i am a 47 Year old male.  My BMI is 44  with HBP and Gerd and i have struggled most of my life with being overweight.  Then a couple of years ago my friend who was overweight too had the RNY done and has gotten down to his desired weight that it got me to really think about having the WLS myself.  After thinking for 2 years i decided to start getting into gear and be healthy.  I went to a seminar in may and spoke to the surgeon Dr White and got everything in order and by the end of may i had my date which is on the 20th of july.  

I cant wait im so excited and yet kinda scared but have come this far and wont back out now.  It hasnt really sunk in yet how much my life is going to change but i think it will be alright.

" If life is a bowl of cherries then, what am i doing in the pits?"   "Erma Bombeck"           
Kelly S.
on 7/14/11 11:34 am - MA
 Welcome, Tracy!  Congratulations on your date.  Being a little scared is TOTALLY normal ~ happens to everyone.  Looking forward to welcoming you to the losers bench.  Keep us posted on your progress!

Kelly

jazzycatz
on 7/14/11 11:34 am - Joppa, MD
Hi Tracy!  Welcome.  There is a lot of good information, advice and support here.  I have learned a lot from many of our posters.  

It is life changing and quite the ride...or it has been so far for me at least.  But you'll do fine.

Take care. 

Terrilmk
on 7/14/11 11:35 am - SC
Welcome! I am new too. My surgery is the 25th. Had my EGD today
 HW 240 SW 224 CW 167          
dice43a
on 7/14/11 11:42 am - OH
 Thanks for the encouragements.  i will depend on the boards alot as i dont have much of a support group of my own.  But that hasnt stopped me from doing what is right for me.

" If life is a bowl of cherries then, what am i doing in the pits?"   "Erma Bombeck"           
Magnoliagirl
on 7/14/11 11:46 am - Waltham, MA
 Welcome! I find the boards really helpful and get a lot of information from them. I'm still pre-op and hope to have surgery in November.
Good luck on the 20th - you'll do great :)

MariaIsHappy
on 7/14/11 12:29 pm
Hi Tracy, and welcome....
I'm so happy your here and found us all.... These boards have been so helpful to me and encouraging...
Keep us posted and I cant wait to see you on the losers bench... i have a spot here for you!!!

Maria XOXO

gracie5
on 7/14/11 12:48 pm
 Welcome Tracy, you came to a great place this forum is great, everyone is helpful-Best Wishes to you!!
oblack1994
on 7/15/11 2:31 pm - vancouver, WA
Welcome Tracy! I am fairly new, my surg is on August 3.. I love this place, So much info about what to expect, idea about everything.. God bless..
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 204 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics