good pre-op gross post-op

bunnicash
on 7/17/11 12:47 pm - Sedalia, MO
 Isn't it funny how things tasted soooo good before you had surgery...Then you are sitting at home one day and are craving something. So you decide your gonna eat it. ...You take the time preparing it to your needs, then you take your first bite and its soooo gross!! lol  They warned me about this pre-op says alot of people have taste changes. I thought they were nuts but of course they were right. Part of me believes you think its gross because you actually have to take time and chew it and savor it now. Before you would just hurry up and eat and really didn't take the time out to "taste" your food??? Anyone agree?
shesha81
on 7/17/11 1:04 pm - Gardner, MA
Agree!!!
BugdocMom
on 7/17/11 1:21 pm - CA
I agree completely! NOTHING tastes good now AND then I have to chew it until I want to barf.
azambesi
on 7/17/11 2:15 pm - Milton, FL
And texture! I am in the stage of looking for really tender meats -- and all the things that I thought were soft and tender are really tough and stringy!

Last night my husband went and got some chicken and broccoli from the local chinese place and I remember how melt-in-your-mouth soft the chicken was... well, I tried to eat a piece, and chewed, and chewed, and chewed, and finally gave up and spit it out. Oh well, it didn't taste nearly as good as I remembered anyways :) 

babybooo828
on 7/17/11 10:39 pm
 I totally agree... especially when it is something that takes A LOT of chewing!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 130 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics