Back to work

Narnia2003
on 7/17/11 10:42 pm - PA
Well. today i finally return to work after 6 weeks off.. I had my RNY on June 1st, and my surgeon said that i needed to fully heal before returning (i work in a warehouse where you are required to lift 50lbs or more)  So i have mixed emotions going on, im happy to return to the "normal" life i had before, but i am super nervous, most people know why i was out (gossip spreads like wildfire in a warehouse enviroment) so i am afraid i will be judged, constantly under the watchful eye of my coworkers, i have lost 27lbs in 6 weeks which i feel is great but i cant stand being judged..which i know will happen.. Oh well ill just walk in with a smile on my face as i always did... OOH and did i mention its going to be 100* here today.. and in a warehouse with NO AC..and like 10 fans for 250 people..this is gonna be fun.. what a way to welcome me back :)  Have a great day everyone!
gabbyabby
on 7/17/11 10:49 pm
Good luck on your first day back!  Just look at the heat as free sauna time.

Narnia2003
on 7/17/11 10:56 pm - PA
LOL! True good point! Thank you!
Kim H.
on 7/18/11 12:02 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Good luck! Drink your fluids with that heat! Let them talk...they will all be saying how good you look and you can feel free to remind them that you're getting healthier every single day!
Narnia2003
on 7/18/11 8:45 am - PA
You are right! i have never had so many compliments in my LIFE! i was on cloud 9 today! i didnt expect all the attention i got but it was wonderful! everyone said that i looked good and i was glowing they said! :)  i finally feel somewhat normal again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views