Just 2 Questions...

Jenners
on 7/17/11 9:15 am - Indianapolis, IN
I bought adult liquid tylenol today because my doctor said we could use that instead of the liquid lortab if we needed it, but it said it has high fructose corn syrup in it for flavor.  Is it going to make me dump?

Also, I have been having some serious insomnia since the surgery (11 days ago) where I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.  Did anyone else suffer from this?  I did buy some unisom melt aways to see if they wuld help
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
_Donna_
on 7/17/11 9:27 am
Not everyone dumps on sugar, you will just have to try it and see. I was swallowing Tylenol caplets 3 days post op.

I have chronic insomnia for 12 years and have relied on ambien ever since so I don't have any suggestions for you.  Hope you get some rest soon because it's important for your healing.

RNY 5-5-2011

Jenners
on 7/17/11 9:29 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks for the info, sorry about the spelling.  My keyboard is junky, I really do know how to spell, LOL
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
kmiller4
on 7/17/11 9:35 am
Benadryl caplets or liquid may also help you sleep if the Unisom doesn't do the trick.
ktharp89
on 7/17/11 9:35 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 Be really careful with tylenol. I don't dump but when I took liquid tylenol shortly ater the surgery it came right back up because its pure sugar. It was not a good feeling.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

lookin4mydestiny
on 7/17/11 10:36 pm - NC
I used the adult liquid tylenol and did just fine with it-I drank water after swallowing the tylenol- I guess it just depends on the individual.

My doctor recommended melatonin for sleep- I take  a 5mg tablet an hour or so before I want to fall asleep- they are small, I just split them and was able to swallow- now at 6wks out I can swallow it with no trouble. You could also cru**** and put it in applesauce-  Our bodies sometimes experience "traumatic insomnia"- from the surgery....hopefully, it will pass for you- I went thru the same thing when I had my hysterectomy in 2006-

Good luck-
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views