Tomorrow is my Surgery....Excited and VERY nervous

tdena1627
on 7/18/11 1:35 am
Tomorrow is my Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass.  I have so many mixed emotions going on at this moment.  I haven't done to great on my liver shrinking diet this week.  I did great the week before.  EXCITED 
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 1:39 am - TX
I felt the same way - excited, nervous, scared, wondering if I was doing the right thing. I can tell you 4.5 months later it was absolutely the right thing. Just take it easy the first few weeks and focus on your recover and getting in fluids.
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 1:49 am - Boston, MA
 Best of luck tomorrow, I hope you have an easy recovery!
tdena1627
on 7/18/11 2:00 am

Thank you so very much.  Did you also have the RNY?
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 2:06 am - Boston, MA
 yes I had RNY exactly 4 months ago I'm down 86 lbs and while the recovery was tough on me, it's the best thing I've ever done.  I have not been sick once, I do not dump and the weight is dropping off.  I wish you the best!!
tdena1627
on 7/18/11 2:17 am
Can I ask you what you mostly ate or drank after surgery?  Have you lost your hair any?  86pds WOW that is AWESOME.  I PRAY I do that good.  

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 2:40 am - Boston, MA
 At the beginning I was on a soft/liquid diet for 7 weeks so I ate mostly broth/soups/cottage cheese and yogurt actually that's all I ate!! and lots and lots of sugar free popsicles! I had and still continue to have a hard time drinking anything so I struggled to drink water or protein shakes that's why I ate so many popsicles.  If cold liquids bother you drink warm ones or broth it really goes down a lot easier for a lot of people.  After those 7 weeks I just followed my doctors plan I can now eat anything I want just in tiny amounts and I mostly eat protein, no pasta or bread ect.

Yes my hair started coming out about 3 weeks ago, last week I cut it off, not because you could tell by looking that it was thinning but it was driving me nuts being on my arms and back and bathroom floor and it really seems to have helped I don't notice it as much since the cut!

good luck!
Tonya0531
on 7/18/11 1:51 am - Lake, MS
Congratulations!  Rest and relax afterwards...let yourself heal.  It will all be worth it!
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
tdena1627
on 7/18/11 2:00 am
Thank you so very much.  I can't wait to be the person on the outside I am on the inside. 
hisxmorticia
on 7/18/11 2:02 am - FL
hi! im new here but i saw your post & remember my day before since it wasnt even a month ago. i wasnt nervous since i had had lap band a few years before, but omg i was SO EXCITED. lol. you will do great! it all happens to fast, which made me happy. i barely even remember my hospital stay (which my husband says was horrible, hes an RN, so he holds high standards of care, lol.) just try to take your mind off of it, or daydream about a year from now. thats what i did! good luck!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics