Have to give credit!

Kelly S.
on 7/18/11 10:39 am - MA
 I wouldn't have thought so, but the Bertucci's I went to today for lunch was extremely accommodating to me today.  

I looked over the menu, heavy on pizza and pasta (as expected) and was considering ordering a side of meatball and possibly a side of mashed potato.

(BTW, I wouldn't have chosen this restaurant, but we were waiting for pictures to print and my 3 yr old and I were both hungry for lunch. It was the only restaurant in the mall that wasn't in the food court)...

When the waitress came over to take our order, I mentioned to her that I'd had GB surgery and what I was thinking of ordering.  She asked me to give her a minute so she could chat with her manager and see what she could do.  I was surprise - I wasn't expecting any special treatment or anything,  Anyway, she came back and suggested a grilled chicken breast.  I hesitated, because I've had chicken issues, esp if it's cooked too well done.  I mentioned that and asked if she could top it with some tomato sauce, maybe a little cheese.  She said sure and off she went.

I got a beautiful, juicy, well seasoned grilled chicken breast, topped with a chunky tomato sauce on a small plate.  And a salad (I asked for a half portion) with a light raspberry vinaigrette.  I was only able to eat 3 bites of the salad and 4 bites of the chicken and I was done. But it was delish and I had her wrap it up to come home.

Then I got the check.  My daughter had a kids meal ($5.25).  The bill came and it was a total of $7.75.  No kidding!  I actually asked my waitress if that was right and she said it was.  So I left her a 100% tip.  It was a very nice experience and the bill was just a bonus!

Gina1013
on 7/18/11 12:39 pm - Canton, OH
 That is awesome that you had a great experience there. I am sure the server appreciated your tip!!
Perhaps you could e-mail the corporate office and let them know how accommodating the staff at that location was so that the manager gets a little love too :)
YankeeRose
on 7/18/11 1:12 pm - Meadville, PA
AWESOME!
I agree with previous poster, I would let the corporate office know what a great job they did.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 188 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?