Slow Loser

Narnia2003
on 7/19/11 10:26 pm - PA
Just am a bit concerned...i am 7 weeks post op...and have only lost 27lbs, i average about 1- 1.5lbs loss a week.. i know loss is better then gain.. but is that normal?? I am getting in all my fluids and protein and i walk everynight...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheryl Allan
on 7/19/11 10:32 pm - Canada
I am 14 weeks out and lost 38 lbs so I am also a slow looser but I look at it this way I average 10lbs a month so in 10 months thats 100lbs Ill take it lol I lost more before surgery
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

dianabelle12
on 7/19/11 10:32 pm
Hello I am 3 months out and have lost 42 lbs,but went down to a size 12 from an 18,so you may be loosing inches,some people loose slower than others,what was your starting weight?mine was 233 and i think im a slow looser as well as far as weight goes.Hang in there it will come off:)

jen73076
on 7/19/11 10:40 pm - Blountville, TN
congrats on the 27 pounds gone! i bet you wouldnt have done that in 7 weeks before. i wouldnt have. i am one of the slow ones too. at first it upset me alot. but as time has went buy i have figured that yes i wish i was at goal weight by now, but i am not quite there yet and that is OK too. just think about how much better these 27 pounds and all the other pounds you will lose will be good for your health and life. it is so hard to not compare ourselves to others. actually i still catch myself doing it at times and i have to stop and say hey i have lost weight and improved my health and i am proud of myself and i know i could not have done it without wls. hang in there, think of the good things, and it does get better in time.

Narnia2003
on 7/19/11 10:44 pm - PA
Thank you all! I am glad to see i am not the only one! your words have really helped me! My starting weight was 253, morning of surgery i was 248..I know slow and steady wins the race :)
lynnc99
on 7/19/11 11:16 pm

I remember vividly that at 6 weeks out (my son's wedding) I was down 20 lbs.

Just do what you need to do and you will be fine!

By the way, I am also a Barix patient and will meet Dr. Marymor for the first time on Monday! (I had Dr. P. for my surgeon but she has moved out of state.)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 129 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views