OMG!!! HUGE nsv with pics!

shirleyfhoffman
on 7/20/11 1:02 pm, edited 7/20/11 1:10 pm - CA
I went to the Airman's Attic today because I won a raffle item. While I was there I got some smaller clothes for me to try to shrink into. I got a size 16 pair of jeans, 2 shirts that are 1X, and a size 18 dress. When I started trying to lose weight, I wore Old Nave 32's or 34's. I'm currently wearing Old Navy jeans in a size 24 (I could probably get into a size 22 from Old Navy), but we all know that clothes at plus size stores run big to make people feel better about themselves.

I picked up the black size 18 dress and headed towards the bathroom to try it on. I knew it wouldn't fit, but I wanted to see how close I was to fitting in it. My husband saw me and said, "I don't want you to get discouraged if it doesn't fit. You're doing amazing!"

It went over my head. That was a good start. Then, since I don't have any boobs anymore, it went over them just fine too. But then something happened...It went over my stomach and then my hips!!! It went all the way on AND zipped easily!!! OMG!!! I haven't been in a size 18 since I was a sophmore or junior in highschool almost a decade ago!!! I started sobbing uncontrollably. I don't know where all of that raw emotion came from, but it was flooding out.

My husband heard me crying and he said, "I'm so sorry honey, but don't worry. It'll fit soon. You're doing great Come here and give me a hug!"

So I stepped out of the bathroom wearing the dress and his jaw about hit the floor! He was as surprised as I was! We started dating when he was a freshman in high school and I was a junior and I haven't been this small since then. I'm not going to lie, he might have shed a tear or two too. 

What an amazing journey this has been so far!!! I can't wait to see where it leads! Thank you all SO much for letting me share!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Gina1013
on 7/20/11 1:16 pm - Canton, OH
 WoW! That must feel amazing! I love seeing positive posts:) Congrats!!!!!!! 
Look at you getting a 'little black dress' :)  AND the dress looks great on you!!
p.s....your hubby sounds like a sweetie!

shirleyfhoffman
on 7/20/11 2:14 pm - CA
I can't even begin to explain how amazing it felt to put that dress on and zip it up myself! The zipper is on the side under the arm and I was able to reach around with my other arm to zip it up. I was stunned and in shock just looking in the mirror and then it hit me!

Lisa R.
on 7/20/11 1:55 pm - CA
I'm going to be honest, that made me cry a little!  I am very happy for you....it is a good feeling. That dress is amazing and you look beautiful in it.  Now hubby needs to take you out somewhere to show off that body in that dress!

I am a teacher and I have been off school for 2 months and I am down around 45lbs, 194 lbs the last time I weighed in.  I have NEVER been this light as a teacher, well maybe for a week when I had MRSA and was in the hospital but that was even 5 years ago.

Today we had a pre school meeting and it was VERY funny to see all these stares and no one really said much until one person finally said "what did you do"  I just laughed and said "took up running" it is the thinnest any of those people have ever seen me and they were just speechless, it was priceless!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
shirleyfhoffman
on 7/20/11 2:23 pm - CA
It still makes me cry to think about it! I can't believe I fit into a size 18 dress (plus size dress, but the tag still said 18! LOL) at 240 pounds. I can't believe I've lost 100 pounds so far! I can't believe I've lost 45 of those pounds since May 3! I can walk on the elliptical for as long as I want now. I fit on every adult ride @ six flags. My husband doesn't have to sit down in the booth first and pull the table towards him before I try to sit down when we go out to eat. I can cross my legs at the knee. I can fit in a movie theater seat. I had to saftey pin my swim suit on cause it's too big now and I'm not buying a new one till I'm done losing weight. I can't believe this is my life now. It's AMAZING!!!

Congratulations to you on how great you're doing! I bet it was awesome to see the look on everyone's faces! I can't wait till I can start running. I want to be active. Eventually, I'd like to be able to do P90X or Insanity, but they scare me now. Maybe once I get down under 200.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your eating and exercising routines?

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 2:24 pm
That's truly awesome... way to go, Shirley.  I'm so happy for you... and just think, it's going to keep happening!

Work that program... and I look forward to hearing about more of your victories that are sure to keep coming.  Best of everything to you and yours...

tori
Pamela F.
on 7/20/11 5:11 pm - OR
Love love the dress and YAY for getting to 18's! I think getting out of the 20's is the best feeling in the world
For by grace we are saved. Ephesians 2:8

mellasmomma0709
on 7/20/11 11:10 pm - IL
congrats to you-very happy for you--and that dress--LOVE IT
Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 11:14 pm - Boston, MA
 love it! so happy for you, you look fantastic!
Momma2nicknmike
on 7/21/11 12:59 am - Beavercreek, OH
 Congrats on our "little black dress" NSV!!!!!   That is so exciting!!  The dress looks amazing on you also!!

Lynne    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?